Here's one for all you ladies out there tonight... (1 Viewer)

Are you looking for a sewing machine or a sowing machine - i'd imagine the latter is some kind of tractor that costs a lot of money.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
Are you looking for a sewing machine or a sowing machine - i'd imagine the latter is some kind of tractor that costs a lot of money.

Definitly one of these.

valborg10op.jpg

Argos sells sewing machines too.

Your girl is going to love you for this. A sewing machine is a great present for someone who likes making clothes. In my earlier years of having loads of free time (*sob*) I used to sew on a half broken sewing machine. It was a grand old thing. Was always seriously concerned about sewing my finger. The needle goes very fast, kinda mesmerising.

Psychotic no 2 said:
Was always seriously concerned about sewing my finger. The needle goes very fast, kinda mesmerising.
that happened to a girl in home ec once. slight lapse in concentration,puts a little extra weight on the pedal and WOOSH needle straight through the nail and flesh. :eek:

trianglegrrrl said:
that happened to a girl in home ec once. slight lapse in concentration,puts a little extra weight on the pedal and WOOSH needle straight through the nail and flesh. :eek:

Oh Jesus, that's so horrible. I knew it was possible. Brings back memories of Home Ec though. I got stuck on ironing duty (have you ever heard a more made-up thing?) when I bolloxed up a pair of shorts I was making. Just as I got one leg all stitched up perfectly, the tricky curve of the crotch buggered me and the sewing machine chewed up the other leg. Sigh.

you got to admit that home ec was fun for domestic layabouts like myself. to be honest my ma and da do everything for me so home ec was a complete novelty. what kind of class teaches you to be a slave? ee gad, old fashioned i thought! But home ec isn't really like that. It teaches you to be self reliant. I never took it seriously except for the food science (a lovely picture of a child with RICKETS). i hope i can take it up again in Ty.

trianglegrrrl said:
what kind of class teaches you to be a slave? ee gad, old fashioned i thought! But home ec isn't really like that. It teaches you to be self reliant.

I don't think they had a 'food science' bit when I was in school, although I quit that crazy cake-making class after first year. I don't know if you had this problem, but the girls who *loved* home ec. I hated them. They were fucking freaks.!ninjaaaa

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back