here's a weird one for yis (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter hop
  • Start date
  • Replies 20
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 1

hop

ok i bought Ariel M's 'As Performed By' album there a while back or so i thought...even though the cd itself totally looks the part (catalogue number printed in the clear middle plastic bit and everything) when you play it its actually Silver Jews 'American Water' album - wtf?

has anyone come across anything like this before? its really strange - there's no way of telling by looking at the cd itself - it could be some cd factory worker's prank, god knows

i really like the silver jews album anyway, every cloud n all that :)

even weirder

Bored to Tears, Woman Hurls TV Out Window
Tue October 21, 2003 08:26 AM ET
BERLIN (Reuters) - A 25-year-old German woman enraged over another Saturday night of boring television programs and dull re-runs hurled her TV set out the window of her fifth floor apartment window, police said Monday."There was nothing decent on so I just threw the thing out the window," the woman identified as Veronika K., told Bild newspaper.

No one was hurt in the incident in Potsdam. She later calmed down and watched another television with her children.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=3655859

German tv is usually decent especially late at night.

enchance said:
go back and exchange it. make sure to burn it though. two albums for the price of one!
yeah i'm gonna - i was just wondering if anyone had come across that before?

maybe its really rare and worth a fortune, then i'll be rich, rich i tells ya *rubs hands in evil manner*

have never come across it but it does happen from time to time.

it's like when you buy a yellow snack and it's got two gold wrappers.

enchance said:
have never come across it but it does happen from time to time.

it's like when you buy a yellow snack and it's got two gold wrappers.
or a kit kat made entirely of chocolate

[Nerd alert]I did buy a collection of Beethoven overtures before, and the ones on the CD, while overtures, were not the ones in the tracklisting - well, some were, but they were in the wrong places and suchlike. Not exactly the same thing, but...[/Nerd!]

hop said:
has anyone come across anything like this before? its really strange - there's no way of telling by looking at the cd itself - it could be some cd factory worker's prank, god knows
:)

I remember back in my golden disc days. We got a consignment of Boyzone cassettes in for the day of release. Every one of them looked fine - but all of them played Charlie Landsboroughs new album.
Ahhh... the hilarity of all the 9 year old scobes coming back in not knowing what the fuck was going on.... 'dats not boyzone - it's some fucin aulfella, itsa load o shie!'
the best part was, I'd just let them exchange it for another tape from the same consignment so they'd get the same C.L. album back.

The Chilli King said:
I remember back in my golden disc days. We got a consignment of Boyzone cassettes in for the day of release. Every one of them looked fine - but all of them played Charlie Landsboroughs new album.
Ahhh... the hilarity of all the 9 year old scobes coming back in not knowing what the fuck was going on.... 'dats not boyzone - it's some fucin aulfella, itsa load o shie!'
the best part was, I'd just let them exchange it for another tape from the same consignment so they'd get the same C.L. album back.
that's brilliant :D

hop said:
ok i bought Ariel M's 'As Performed By' album there a while back or so i thought...even though the cd itself totally looks the part (catalogue number printed in the clear middle plastic bit and everything) when you play it its actually Silver Jews 'American Water' album - wtf?

i really like the silver jews album anyway, every cloud n all that :)
ones that I came across
The Charlatans Then 12" was mispressed
same b-side twice

A Harmless Disco compilation called Jumpin had the same record twice [a triple album]

A Bleach 12" Dipping had the same 2 tracks both sides

Unclealo said:
A mate once had a Black Sabbath best of cassette called "The Best of Black Sabbeth"
that reminds me - a friend of mine picked up a weird arabian release of in utero on tape and instead of 'rape me' it had 'ape me' on the inlay card

hmmm the back of my "Return Of Spinal Tap" dvd says it was written by "Christopher Guest, Harry Shearer and Michael"

hop said:
that reminds me - a friend of mine picked up a weird arabian release of in utero on tape and instead of 'rape me' it had 'ape me' on the inlay card

thats quite common with eastern european bootlegs. the bootlegs are perfect in every way, they sound fine and everything looks dandy, but if you look hard you'll find some wierd flaws. i heard people buying cds by "annie pennox" and "mike boldfield" which had the correct fonts and everything on the cover.

bizzaro.

pete said:
Disk 2 of my R1 Hulk Still Rules DVD is in fact Disk 2 of a HHH dvd set

bummer.

That's pretty grim dude, it better not happen with the ric flair 3dvd set, or for the mick foley triple set that's in the works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back