heh heh (1 Viewer)

Make Like Paper by Red House Painters has my favourite guitar solo. It's on Songs from a Blue Guitar. They we're dumped by 4AD for resisting their attempts to edit it out.

John Petrucci's solo in "Another day" (Images and Words - Dream Theater) is definitely my favourite.

It proves that even hyper-technical guitarists have a soul ;)

Originally posted by pete
mmm either Over The Wall by Testament or Watch The Children Pray by Metal Church

no, really.

And you can add Nigel Tufnell's violin-bowing solo from This is Spinal Tap to that list.

Originally posted by pete
mmm either Over The Wall by Testament or Watch The Children Pray by Metal Church

no, really.

Metal Church.... Jaysus I didn't hear them in ten years!!! Do you remeber "In Mourning"? That was a kick ass tune...!

Are they still around?

.|..|

Originally posted by Pantone247
my favourite solo would be Confetti by the Lemonheads

its not fast or flash, just quite nice and fits the song really well.

Class solo...I thought I was the only one who noticed that one.

"Holiday" by Weezer...whatever happened to Weezer's guitar playing...seems like they couldn't be bothered with decent guitar lines these days.

Manic Street Preachers - "Archives of Pain"

"Sweet Child o Mine"...I don't care...you know its true.

Bad Religion - "21st Century Digital Boy"

The Cardigans - anything off the "Life" album...if you have it, dig it out...you won't be disappointed.

Radiohead - "Just"...he holds onto that squealing high note as hard as he can and then slides down...

Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Magic Johnson...John Frusciante is the most complete and imaginative guitarist ever...controversial but true.

Originally posted by Anthony

are you taking the piss?

Nope.

Compare the imagination, melody & energy of Pinkerton & The Blue album to the standard power-chord songs of Maladroit & The Green album.

Haven't you noticed that every guitar solo on the Green album is just the guitar playing the vocal melody? How creative is that?

...And all this from a Weezer fan.

has anyone seen the new weezer video? with the muppets?

rtsp://0.real.6.streamos.com/6/interscope/weezer/maladroit/keepfishin/video/00_keepfishin.rm

Originally posted by Beanstalk

Haven't you noticed that every guitar solo on the Green album is just the guitar playing the vocal melody? How creative is that?

And every B-side and extra track etc from that period... whats your point, to me it was a very dileberate thing... simplafing the songwriting... Hash pipe is the most complicated song on the record and thats just den den dene den den dene... and your way off with maladroit, I'll admit that the green ablum is their weakest... but hands off maladroit, it sits quit comfortably along side pinkerton...

best solo: Ive said it before and Ill say it again Purple Motherfucking Rain... In fact there are a million amazing Prince solo's... and J Mascus

There was a copy of Pinkerton being bandied about in Dawson's Creek last night....

Wait....

Well... that's what I heard off a friend,....
em.. I mean... that's what I overheard in a conversation on a bus....

I was watching wrestling and football last night... and listening to Carl Cox....and getting locked..... with the lads....

so... just to emphasise... I'm a bloke...

What Ian said.

I, er, happened to see a few minutes of Dawson's Creek last night and in one scene one of the girls took an CD out of her bag and remarked about how her now ex-fella was going to miss his signed copy of Pinkerton!

wow.

Originally posted by Ian

And every B-side and extra track etc from that period... whats your point

The point...Weezer seem like they couldn't be bothered with decent guitar lines these days.

Originally posted by Ian

it was a very dileberate thing... simplafing the songwriting...

Simplistic songwriting...I'm all for simple songs, but I thought we were talking about impressive guitarwork here, not songwriting.

Originally posted by Ian

and your way off with maladroit, I'll admit that the green ablum is their weakest... but hands off maladroit, it sits quit comfortably along side pinkerton...

Maladroit...its better than the Green album, but not in the league of their first 2 albums.

Again...I'm a Weezer fan.

I just watched that video twice...
It's the coolest fuckin video I have ever seen in my life ever!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back