Headphones... what's the best? (1 Viewer)

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
I might kill my co-workers if I don't find a decent pair of headphones that can filter out their voices when on the phone. Without spending a fortune, does anyone have a recommendation for good headphones that cover outside noise? All my head phones are those crap ones that come with an ipod.

Help.
Thanks.

I use these. They do the trick and are fairly inexpensive and not bulky.

"Sony mdr-as30" apparently

sony-mdr-as30g-p_469914vb.png

i was using amazing and expensive wireless ones which i'd recommend to all but they broke :(

I second HD-25s. I've also had a pair for about ten years now. I wouldn't be surprised if I had them for another 10 too.

'Beats' headphones (by Dr. Dre) are really class. Best headphones I have ever used.
Funnily enough i just got a pair of Beats earphones yesterday = about €120 through Amazon if you can get them delivered to Northern Ireland. Savage bass on them but i'm a bit disappointed with the noise canceling side of things.
http://beatsbydre.com/int/products/Products.aspx?pid=B4608

I was gonna get these Shure ones (or the newer SE310 version) but a lot of reviews reckon they're not the most robust. Noise canceling is supposed to be excellent though.
http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/6417224/art/shure/se210-earphones-white-pa.html

well if you could stretch to 100 lids or so, i heartily recommend these:
http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/04974_dj_equipment
i use them at work. a bomb could go off behind you, you're unlikely to hear it. they are very comfy too.
the sennheiser cx-300 are decent for the money too, and they block out a good bit of external noise. some people don't like in-ear headphones though.

Okay, I walked over to tower after work and picked up a pair of that brand but for 35 euro. The kind that go in your ear and block out street noise. These will get me fired. I can't even hear myself type! They're awesome. I have to be more careful when doing non-work at work because any of my co-workers could walk behind me and I'd never know. The woman who drives me nuts on the phone was just trying to ask me if I wanted the door left open and I had no idea. Between songs it's like I'm under water and I can hear myself breathe. Such a weird feeling like being in the movie Jaws but my boss is the shark. Now I'm worried I'm one of those noisy drinkers with my coffee. There will be a Shaney complaining about my slurping or something but at least I don't have to hear the dude who chomps on nuts all day and just says, 'yeah' repeatedly when someone is talking to him.

Thank you thumped... I think.

Closed backed or closed cup are best for isolation.
I have AKG K271 Studio headphones & I can't hear a thing with them on.

I have them on now and the wife just scared the shit out of me yet again by putting her hand on my shoulder. As usual she was calling me from downstairs.

Think they cost about 120/130 bats cant remember

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back