hdr photography (1 Viewer)

Wavioli

anyone had a go at this? Ive tryed a few times and this is probably my best effort so far:
227107631_e2cab653df.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/79/227107631_e2cab653df.jpg?v=0

twas a bit windy, so the clouds kinda shifted for each exposure...

Photoshop CS2 has a combine HDR command. There’s also a free program out there that combines them that was mentioned in Popular Photography this month. I’ll check when I get home and post the name of it when I can.

I’m not sure I like it. It seems to be very hit and miss. Sometimes you can get a great result and at others, it just looks gick.

But then, practice makes perfect and all that.

Here’s a brief tutorial:
http://www.cypherxero.net/blog/?page_id=436

What's the principle again? Three shots at different exposures or something? Looks cool but i can't get my head around combining them.

Yeah that's pretty much it. You can't capture the entire dynamic range of a scene with one exposure, so you do a bunch of them at different ones (like bracketing) and then digitally combine them so you get detail in the bits that might normally be underexposed and therefore black, and also in the bits that might normally be overexposed and therefore white.

You know though, it's not really high-dynamic range because you still ending up squashing it into the normal dynamic range of whatever medium you are displaying the results on (paper or screen). There do exist high-dynamic range displays though (TVs or computer monitors) .... I don't know if they are available commercially yet and if they are, they probably cost a gazillion, but I've seen 'em in action and they're really amazing.

yes it is a bit pointless really, although you can get some pretty unreal looking photos.

I havent seen one of those monitors yet, but I'd love to- it all seems pretty pointless at the moment.

i was wondering though, if you print them out, do they look the way they should???

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back