Hayfever solidarity thread (2 Viewers)

love jones

ok, got my first taste of it yesterday.Does anyone have any hints or cures and anything to help get throught this. I've had it for years! I'm off the dairy.
However, when it hits hard, i find that chocolate and crisps help to clear my head. Salt and sugar.

If you don't have hayfever - please don't post here. You don't understand how horrible it is!

:eek:=!cheezy

you can fuck off aswell. discrimination will not be tolerated on this thread.
this is my thread......, my thread!!!!!

where Dunchee? he understands.

fuck you guys!

I don't get hayfever but this might help, me and ella gave this workshop thing at the last dublin grassroots gathering about herbal remedies

Hayfever:
-With any catarrah problems, a low mucus-froming diet is important. Avoid milk and cheese and refined carbohydrates. Starchy stuff like bananas should also be avoided in severe cases.

-Local honey can be benificial, it is best as unrefined as possible, from the farmer (especially the layer skimmed off the top) is best. it contains the most pollen and ingesting pollen helps relieve hayfever.

-Lemon is a natural anti-histamine so honey and lemon drinks can help.

-making a mix of Chamomile and peppermint tea and inhaling while drinking can bring immediate relief.

- another tea to try is chamomile, elderflower and nettle.

-Honegar is a mixture of apple cider vinegar and honey (1:1), it is an old remedy for many ailments including hayfever. For hayfever it is reccomended to take a spoon of honey, then a shot of honegar (2 teaspoons of each in a little water)

- build up your immune system - garlic, vitamin C, eat well, try to avoid stress.

ps. dunchee swears by the chamomile peppermint buzz, bit o honey in there too maybe

if ingesting pollen is good, would eating flowers help? cutting out the middle-bee so to speak.
thanks for the tips marianne, maybe i won't have to spend this summer getting dribbly sneezy-snot all over myself.

hayfever.jpg

Lemon Tea would probably help you. Just instead of putting milk into tea put in lemon juice and sugar.

I swear, it's really refreshing.

now then Willie, hayfever, eh? It's a bastard, right enough, had it for years meslf, best thing you want to do? Make sure you got plenty of snot rags inyer pocket. If you get that itching eye sensation, where you could end up like a draize test rabbit, I find that idf you steal elderflower eyegel from the bodyshop, this is well good for taking away that wanting to scratch your eyes out feeling.

.|..| solidarity .|..|

loads of info and good hayfever whinging here:
http://www.thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=22193

out of all the shit i have tryed and do i have to say the prescription anti-histamines have been the wonder drug for me. i am allergic to grass pollen so i've got a really long season and started feeling the shit about a month ago. i went to the doctor about two and a half weeks ago and got some prescription anti-histamines which piss all over the trad ones and i'm truely a new man. different strokes for different folks but this one is a real good one for me anyway. they cost about 20 quid for a months worth but it's worth it as fuck.

edit: oh and vaseline up the nose to catch the pollen and wear sunglasses in the sun to ease the eye irritation.

SOLIDARITY!
I take these b-vitamine tablets(when you cut down on dairy you cut down on b's so may need more) that have quercitin and magnesium in them. these reduce the chemical reation in your body that causes hayfever symptoms.
seems good so far but its early days.
everything else ofers only temporary relief, ie lemons, elderflower tea etc. and everyone knows that hayfever sufferers are irratable bastards who get anoyed by the temp effect ending. trying the local honey this year tho, immunise myself as much as possible.
wearing cool sunglasses is usefull:cool:
i've assertained to a high degree that cutting out dairy/caffine/alcohol/smoking is A VERY BAD IDEAD AND ONLY SERVES TO MAKE ME VERY ANGRY.
when i was a vegan, and really tried to moniter my intake of crappy foods as well, i felt no better, got really shit hayfever, and had no method of pick me up. hayfever + no coffee/beer/chocolate etc=miserable fucking summer.

when you have hayfever you have hayfever, ive come to the realisation that its not going away so i may as well try to enjoy myself. (even tho my blocked head makes me feel like a blind sneezing simpleton)

i have found my people!!!!

fuck the layman folk (people who don't suffer)

Maybe we can start a club and meet up every second day and get pissed.

Pre cans in trinity before high on fire - nightmare, we'll be in bits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back