hash wednesday (1 Viewer)

It's wierd how in school everyone had to get it done, and everyone in the town got it so it seemed totally normal.

But when I see it now in Dublin it freaks me out. Its so wiiiiiieeerd

There were three of us in school who didn'y have to get it done, we were the cool kids that day.

Before I found out about Thumped, confession was where I talked about my impure thoughts.

there was always a sympathetic ear for those. we used to have competitions to get the most penance - my record was 3 our fathers, three hail marys and three glory-bes three times a day for three weeks (coz i didnt go to mass for 6 months)

there was always a sympathetic ear for those. we used to have competitions to get the most penance - my record was 3 our fathers, three hail marys and three glory-bes three times a day for three weeks (coz i didnt go to mass for 6 months)

The glory-be is underrated. Short and sweet and all about bigging up the big guys.

Did anyone else make sins up when they were young, because they had forgotten the sinful things that they actually did?

I also memorised a few gold standard sins, to get me through awkward silences in there, after the first time I went in and got stage fright.
Once I discovered "Using the Lord's name in vain" was a bona fide sin, that got a lot of mileage.

britney-spears-shaves-her-head-ash.jpg

In some parts of Africa it is traditional to give 'piggy backs to pigs' on Ash Wednesday

this is where the term 'piggy back' comes from

schwein.jpg

The pig is clearly very impressed with this.
Little cheesy smirk playing about the corner of his mouth there. Probably brewing an evil fart and all.
Pigs eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back