hash wednesday (1 Viewer)

your thread title made me laugh.

freaks me out seeing the ash on people's heads...
for me its like seeing a nazi symbol.

It's wierd how in school everyone had to get it done, and everyone in the town got it so it seemed totally normal.

But when I see it now in Dublin it freaks me out. Its so wiiiiiieeerd

see the soldier priest, complete with two unifroms, the army one over the priest one, with the ash cross on his forehead on TV3 this morning?

too much visual stimuli

If I was to say that Christians who wear the ash cross are no different than this gentleman people would think Im trying to be funny

Aborigine.jpg

Got made go to mass today and get ashes. I felt violated

didnt you have some drama before trying to stand up for your right to disbelieve? i forget now...

one time when i was a lad in hospital some nurse woke me at about 5:30am to tell me the priest was coming around and did i want holy communion. says i to the nurse "i do not" and went back to sleep only to have her wake me up and ask me again a few minutes later so i said no again. then she woke me up a third time except the priest was with her this time - i think she was afraid to tell him somebody didnt want communion.

we used be made go for ashes and to confessions too but confessions were fun

Ash wednesday provides good visual straw poll of the number of practicing catholics still left in ireland. I counted 9.

I wonder if that homeless guy - the one who goes around with shit smeared on his forehead - bothered with the ashes this year.

didnt you have some drama before trying to stand up for your right to disbelieve? i forget now...

one time when i was a lad in hospital some nurse woke me at about 5:30am to tell me the priest was coming around and did i want holy communion. says i to the nurse "i do not" and went back to sleep only to have her wake me up and ask me again a few minutes later so i said no again. then she woke me up a third time except the priest was with her this time - i think she was afraid to tell him somebody didnt want communion.

we used be made go for ashes and to confessions too but confessions were fun

Before I found out about Thumped, confession was where I talked about my impure thoughts.

Ash wednesday provides good visual straw poll of the number of practicing catholics still left in ireland. I counted 9.

I wonder if that homeless guy - the one who goes around with shit smeared on his forehead - bothered with the ashes this year.

drumcondra is full of them today. one of my colleagues went down to the church at lunchtime in saint patricks college and said there was a queue of people out the door and down the corridor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back