Harry Potter (spoilers, who cares) (1 Viewer)

Rachel666

and the goblet of fire!

Who's seen it? It was stunning looking. I thought the ending was pretty disturbing when they came back from the portkey and everyone was cheering, except for fluer who screamed, by god! I read some pretty negative reviews about the level of teenage angst but I of loved it! Harry does not look 14 though...

trianglegrrrl said:
I thought the ending was pretty disturbing when they came back from the portkey and everyone was cheering, except for fluer who screamed, by god!
It had better be disturbing! It's my favourite scene in the whole series! But as long as there's naked Voldemort, and Harry tied to a gravestone I should be kept happy. .|..|

No, I haven't seen it yet. I reeeally want to go tomorrow but I'm supposed to be practicing for a dumb gig...

I thought this was okay. Ralph Fiennes was deadly. Didn't agree with some of the stuff they dropped cos I thought some of the bits left in the movie weren't explained without the bits they took out. Like killing yer man Crouch. I read the book, but couldn't remember why they killed him, and the movie didn't tell me.

Still though. Ralph Fiennes, eh?

I thought it was good. Didn't really like any of the others in the series. I thought Ralph Fiennes was good but reminded me a lot of himself in Red Dragon.
It was one of those rare occasions where they say the latest film in the series is "darker" than the rest and it actually is.

Bellatrix said:
Could have done with a little more Gary Oldman.

But then, that's true of most films.

Was he in it? I think they showed a shot that was supposed to be him but I thought it wasn't. Also, did they use a voiceover from him that may not actually have been him?

Apparently he wanted his name taken off the credits of Hannibal because he didn't get equal billing with Hopkins and Moore.

who was Gary Oldman in it?

Finally saw it last night, enjoyed it muchly. Shame they re-jigged the book quite a bit - no proper quidditch world cup action, no Ludo Bagman, no Dobby (though that's kind of a blessing I guess) no Azkaban dementors / Barty Crouch Jr stuff, and the whole triwizard task trials weren't handled too brilliantly - there wasn't really a sense of build up or suspense before them, in particular before the last task. But I guess they had a huge amount to fit into one film, and over all I reckon they did a pretty good job.

Someone needs to teach Hermione and Harry how to act, but.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back