hard working class heroes 2004 (6 Viewers)

oh man, this is totally yawnsome. the hwch thing is smelly in my opinion but who cares about any of the other stuff? as far as i can make out, being in a band that gets signed is simply a distraction for 2-3 years of your life if you're lucky. no one's ever going to make enough money out of it to live in spain or anything. it's just like any other job except when it's over, you're kinda back where you started only a few years older... if you're in a band like muse or something, maybe you'll make enough not to have to work or something for a few years... chances are a lot of it will disappear up your nose. but even the guys in muse will be 40 some day and will have to draw a pension like everyone else. personally, i'm glad i'll never have to depend on the music industry. it can be pretty dangerous if you don't have your wits about you.
sincerely,
grandpappy.

Ehhhh!!
From daemienfrost.com (well not daemienfrost.com but their website)

NEWS.....THIS WEEK

"Following the addition of a second bass player and a 3-week tour of Europe in Spring 2003 which caught the attention many like-minded humans, including two independent labels who have joined forces with Alpha Relish to release their latest opus."

hmmm

moses?i amn't said:
Ehhhh!!
From daemienfrost.com (well not daemienfrost.com but their website)

NEWS.....THIS WEEK

"Following the addition of a second bass player and a 3-week tour of Europe in Spring 2003 which caught the attention many like-minded humans, including two independent labels who have joined forces with Alpha Relish to release their latest opus."

hmmm
what? those guys wear combats and t-shirts with holes in them... they're different ;)

moses?i amn't said:
Indeed, italian designer shirts with little ferrari horses and dollar signs on them
you get the difference though, right? this is a hobby for them and us. we'll all be really surprised if any money is actually made from this - money was lost on the last cd we put out, for obvious reason ;)

You're all mental. if you record a song that goes on to be number 1 in a large market, chances are that you'll make money off that for the rest of your life, if you do well on US college radio it'll tide you over for a few years. People live off royalties, i know some who do... they were never in massive bands, but if i mention them you'd all remember the names at least. They aren't rich, but that's what i'd refer to as 'making it'. course there's the step up where you've made it and you don't owe the record company any money anymore and you actually start making a profit from cd sales alone... very few make it this far.

As far people being in music for enjoyment, i'd like to ask them if they had the chance to breakthrough, would they take it....
of course they fucking would, then there's people in bands who can't ever be mainstream, they always say they aren't in it for the money (see sonic youth) but if the opportunity to live off music and tour for years arose... off they go.

end of story

If I became rich through musicI'd have the world's largest jam jar made and use it to catch all the bees in the world.

"Not very likely with your stinky poxy shit fuck of a turd cunting band bollocks" said Corky Fonz Bore.

Does anyone remember that made-for-tv movie called (I think) Bartholomew?

It was about a rock-star who was sick of the fame and fortune, then finds a guy who looks exactly like him and they swap lives for a couple of weeks? And then the rock-star guy learns about how the fans actually live and it inspires him to write a new album or something.

It was from the 80's.

ostrichsyndrome said:
You're all mental. if you record a song that goes on to be number 1 in a large market, chances are that you'll make money off that for the rest of your life, if you do well on US college radio it'll tide you over for a few years. People live off royalties, i know some who do... they were never in massive bands, but if i mention them you'd all remember the names at least. They aren't rich, but that's what i'd refer to as 'making it'. course there's the step up where you've made it and you don't owe the record company any money anymore and you actually start making a profit from cd sales alone... very few make it this far.

As far people being in music for enjoyment, i'd like to ask them if they had the chance to breakthrough, would they take it....
of course they fucking would, then there's people in bands who can't ever be mainstream, they always say they aren't in it for the money (see sonic youth) but if the opportunity to live off music and tour for years arose... off they go.

end of story
some valid points there. if i could live off music, i totally would. i just know it would never happen without me having to change how i think about it and make it, and i know that without doing that, what i do would never appeal to too enough people. and i'm ok with that. good luck to everyone though :)

Vinnie said:
If I became rich through musicI'd have the world's largest jam jar made and use it to catch all the bees in the world.

"Not very likely with your stinky poxy shit fuck of a turd cunting band bollocks" said Corky Fonz Bore.
what would you do with the bees? i tried this type thing once with a large bucket and poisoned jam, to get the wasps out of the hive in my attic. It just pissed them off more, then had to get people in to take it away. then again you were talking about bees, i was talking about wasps...

hag said:
some valid points there. if i could live off music, i totally would. i just know it would never happen without me having to change how i think about it and make it, and i know that without doing that, what i do would never appeal to too enough people. and i'm ok with that. good luck to everyone though :)
imagine you woke up and 50,000 people had ordered daemien frost's album from HMV...
it happened to sonic youth, then again... they are sonic youth

ostrichsyndrome said:
imagine you woke up and 50,000 people had ordered daemien frost's album from HMV...
it happened to sonic youth, then again... they are sonic youth
hmv don't stock DF.

hee hee hee, buckrake is responsible. but the sentiment is heart-felt.

hagsays.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back