hard working class heroes 2004 (5 Viewers)

ITalkShite said:
this kind of thing...

just funny.

(been posting them on the bored in work thread, but who ever reads that, eh?)

Hag was in 'O'... jeez that takes me back many a year to a very confusingly drunk night in UCD... was it a battle of the bands - did you have a kinda wacky female lead singer?

There's no such thing as a safe bet. It's a contradiction. Why do you hate loners and the blind so much? Thumped is a pretty liberal place but those kind of views will get you kicked off.

ostrichsyndrome said:
actually no it's not at all...
safe bet is an oxymoron, see the difference?
think maybe you should go join a loners club...

why would blind people know that pictures were invented? what possible benefit would it have to them, are they going to feel the texture. would they even care.

you are a buffoon

you don't know that val is immensely talented as well as pretty? she plays guitar and sings real nice :)
Jimmy Magee said:
What's the story with that? What's she doing? Or is it someone else entirely?

ostrichsyndrome said:
actually no it's not at all...
safe bet is an oxymoron, see the difference?
think maybe you should go join a loners club...

why would blind people know that pictures were invented? what possible benefit would it have to them, are they going to feel the texture. would they even care.

you are a buffoon
uh oh...

spady said:
Hag was in 'O'... jeez that takes me back many a year to a very confusingly drunk night in UCD... was it a battle of the bands - did you have a kinda wacky female lead singer?
oh yeah... that was one amazing night. jesus. that was SO long ago... mollock in tyrol is basically the same band with a different drummer. greg plays now, not sure if it's a long term thing.

Vinnie said:
There's no such thing as a safe bet. It's a contradiction. Why do you hate loners and the blind so much? Thumped is a pretty liberal place but those kind of views will get you kicked off.
this is deadly. please to be continuing...

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
funny:
The Betes Noires
The Chakras
The Immediate
The Maladies
The Mighty Stef
The Radio
The Rags
The Real
The Rotators
The Subtonics
The Urges
The Voyeurs
The West Seventies
The Chapters
The Bray Vista
The Ultra Montanes
The Mircales(Ex Whipping Boy)
The Walls
The Grace

best of luck to everyone involved though

andrew
The Chapters are the smuggest blandest band I've had the mis-
fortune of seeing twice at free gigs, the music is grand till your man
starts singing in Bryan Addams husky style, bleurgh.
pheew had to get that outta my system
Good luck to everyone though!

sarah said:
The Chapters are the smuggest blandest band I've had the mis-
fortune of seeing twice at free gigs, the music is grand till your man
starts singing in Bryan Addams husky style, bleurgh.
pheew had to get that outta my system
Good luck to everyone though!
the whole thing looks like a nightmare to me. good luck to everyone though :)

hag said:
the whole thing looks like a nightmare to me. good luck to everyone though :)
I don't think it looks too bad and 20 europes for all those bands
over a few days isn't too bad if that's what your into,
I wish we had thought of charging the bands for playing
we would be rolling in it now, could of gotten my ma to pretend to
be an industry type.

sarah said:
I don't think it looks too bad and 20 europes for all those bands
over a few days isn't too bad if that's what your into,
I wish we had thought of charging the bands for playing
we would be rolling in it now, could of gotten my ma to pretend to
be an industry type.
well you'll know for next time. *cough* ;)
personally, i'd prefer to pay 20 euros to see one good band instead of that mess. but that's just me.
repulic of losers. ha ha ha. *barf*

an oxymoron is a contradiction, it's where two words/statements follow each other to construct part of a sentence which contradicts itself, that's why blind luck isn't a contradiction, the duality of luck whether good or bad and the fact that blindness has nothing to to with luck let alone be diametrically opposed to it.

where as loners club and safe bet are...

i dont hate the blind, in fact i dont know any blind people. just out of curiosity, you know at traffic lights where they have the beep tone for blind people, surely if a blind person could find the road in the first place, they'd be able to find their way across it...

Its Funny Over 100 hundred piece of shit bands and not one single future between them.....I guarantee not one of these bands will be (A)Popular
(B)HEARD OF (C) FINANCIALLY SECURE or (D)HAVE A CAREER in the next 5 years,unless of course playing in there local pub every tuesday is having a career.....I thinks its about time some people gave up playing their dumb instruments,look at how much competition there is out there over 100 shit bands in this crap alone,what chance do you have.I recommend you take up a new hobby,golf or something and leave the music to the professionals.

jimmyC

I disagree with your statement about not one of these bands "making it". I'll say who in a second.

But first, realise, perhaps wealth (and that's what your a, b, c and d boils down to) is not everything. Yes, it might be the desire and the end game for each and everyone of these bands, but note, these people are getting on stage, doing what they love to do, in front of a live audience, and are expressing themselves in their own way. You might not like it. It might be sub-standard in some cases, but it's all art, and everyone should be entitled to express themselves as they wish. I don't wish to sound too idealistic, but if they want to play, let them play.

The one band I feel bucks your statement (and there are other bands in the list I like), is Random.

I have never yet heard an unsigned Irish act making such beautiful music. If you are unfamiliar with their music, please check it out at www.rndm.com - I feel they can make it, and it would be cruel, very cruel, if they didn't.

jimmyC said:
Its Funny Over 100 hundred piece of shit bands and not one single future between them.....I guarantee not one of these bands will be (A)Popular
(B)HEARD OF (C) FINANCIALLY SECURE or (D)HAVE A CAREER in the next 5 years,unless of course playing in there local pub every tuesday is having a career.....I thinks its about time some people gave up playing their dumb instruments,look at how much competition there is out there over 100 shit bands in this crap alone,what chance do you have.I recommend you take up a new hobby,golf or something and leave the music to the professionals.
your full of shit dude.

8 Ball were recently signed to jj72's label, so i'd say they'll fill some of your criteria
the chalets are doin well for themselves in the uk seemingly with their music on mtv and stuff
Iain Archer has a career in music and co wrote snow patrol's song 'run' which was a huge hit
Leya just released an ep on parlophone
Republic of Loose are doing really well for themselves in the staes and the uk

they all may be shit but it doesnt mean they're not gonna make anything of themselves.

Is the point not that there are 100,000's of shit bands for every band that 'makes it'??

What the hell is 'making it' anyway??

Most bands who are considered to have 'made it' don't have two shillings to rub together. Music sucks man...GET A JOB!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back