hard working class heroes 2004 (1 Viewer)

hang on, i might be talking out my ass. ok, say if i was a cool painter in the 1500's in say, florence. and i painted this shit hot lady in the nude. and these guy with cool threads called the medici came up to me and said "hey shizzle, i like nude girls too... you want some money to paint some more?" i'd totally say yes. the question is, i guess, are record companies the modern day medicis? i sure hope so if it means i'll get to see more pictures of nude girls.

Well Hapi, maybe if either of your bands did play it, some new people may get to hear your music that didnt before and you might become known for being the guy who plays in Damien Frost and Giraffe Running as opposed to being the guy who lives on thumped all-day-long.

Just saying like!!

High five ***Schmack*** or whatever it is gets you excited when signing-off a post on Thumped

sophistafunk said:
Well Hapi, maybe if either of your bands did play it, some new people may get to hear your music that didnt before and you might become known for being the guy who plays in Damien Frost and Giraffe Running as opposed to being the guy who lives on thumped all-day-long.

Just saying like!!

High five ***Schmack*** or whatever it is gets you excited when signing-off a post on Thumped
do you know who i am? :D

snakybus said:
What other Irish bands do you like?

(C) - Jackbeast, Joan of Arse, and the now sadly departed Capratone.

hahahaha

this was in 1998!!!

Capratone are still going!!!
don't poke fun, figgy don't like it.

Latex lizzie said:
that's my joke !!! :D
i thought you might like it... ;) so like, i was reading thumped the other day and it turns out the drummer in giraffe running... it's hag from thumped!!! i had no idea, i thought it was someone else completely. like someone called fred or something. [edit: i wanted to be called fred as a child... thanks a lot ma, if you're reading this.]

Is it me or does the ideology of WCH seem a little confused? There's all this giving out about the record industry and how you have to DIY, coupled with stuff enthuasing about how record industry reps will be there. That doesn't make sense to me.

Some of the bands playing are pretty good. It seems that anyone who applied was given consideration, and there is a good mix of poppier stuff right through to (more) experimental stuff.

One thing that irks me.. the application fee. €10 per band, 550 applied. That means before the first note is played €5,500 has been made by the festival. Now I think WCH have a right to charge whatever they feel is fair, but I personally feel they should have tried to get their many sponsors to pay any costs for band applications...and before anyone gives out to me for criticising the WCH or the FMC that's just my opinion.

Anyways that's my 2 cents. Good luck to all concerned and I will probably go to see some of the bands :)

hag said:
ha ha ha, i hate you too figgy :p

when I read this first i was confused

:confused:

then relaxed

:eek:

then thoughtful

:rolleyes:

then blind in one eye

;)

then I saw a puppy and that made me happy

:)

but then the puppy bit an old women and I was cross

:mad:

then I forgot about your post and watched Eastenders

!ninjaaaa

in a nija costume.. then your post mad me sad...

on the inside... where no one could see it....

ah pants. you know people in work say 'pants' when they mean something is bad? i say no, i say i know this guy pants and he plays in capratone. and we have fun laughing about each other's bands and stuff like that and that i hope to be a daddy some day soon. i've only got to convince someone that 'crazy' genes aren't heriditory (sp?) (cares?) (me?) (no.)

i don't think you really got the point, it seems stupid that they'd invite industry heads to this, but the way the industry has moved is that bands no longer get signed (this is a fact no band has signed an international deal this year) instead record companies are opting for taking on bands who have an album recorded etc. whether that's a home territory deal or just a licensing thing doesn't matter to them. The industry is at a point where it can no longer afford to sign 10 bands for 1 million each in the hope that one of them will break and the rest will do enough for the company to make money and then ditch the band.

WCH is just another means of making sure all the bands who want to be big get together in the space of a few days and play, so that these industry people can get the jump on all the other fucks out there.

as for charging for entry, how else would you make sure every lunatic who has an imaginary/bedroom/garage band wouldn't apply? i'm sure a few of them have though...
it's a waste of time anyway, there's very few bands in dublin (ie none) that would get signed/ offered a deal by playing this. and you can say it's all about exposure but the type of people who go to gigs already know who you are...

hag said:
ah pants. you know people in work say 'pants' when they mean something is bad? i say no, i say i know this guy pants and he plays in capratone. and we have fun laughing about each other's bands and stuff like that and that i hope to be a daddy some day soon. i've only got to convince someone that 'crazy' genes aren't heriditory (sp?) (cares?) (me?) (no.)

us Dads have a phrase too, it's called doing a Haggy

"aaahhh did babums do a haggy in her nappy?"

;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :D

Making your own people is great, just when you realise the world is full of morons, it's deadly to know you can just make your own people, and make just like you... till their thriteen anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back