• Start date
  • Replies 33
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 0

cpr

Pricks....
Website
www.myspace.com
just saw an ad for the world's greatest new album called "happy songs"this album contains...and i quote" the worlds happiest songs"

such as ronan keatings "lovin each day"
"dont stop me now" by queen
and i'm SURE "don't worry be happy" by bobby mcferrin will feature somewhere along the line....
runied my saturday anyway

cpr said:
just saw an ad for the world's greatest new album called "happy songs"this album contains...and i quote" the worlds happiest songs"

such as ronan keatings "lovin each day"
"dont stop me now" by queen
and i'm SURE "don't worry be happy" by bobby mcferrin will feature somewhere along the line....
runied my saturday anyway

Its unreal isnt it!! Still you can be gauranteed that people will still go out and buy this no matter how tacky/shit it is!!!

baggyyyy

Kims Deal said:
What's your happy song? I love Shady Lane by Pavement and Higher from Jackie Wilson always gets the smiles out of me.

Shady Lane is a smashing song, I agree. Carrot Rope also by Pavement can have the same effect also!

Pretty much every Teenage Fanclub song puts a big grin on my face. And I'm off to see them in a minute, hurrah!

Stan Bowles said:
Pretty much every Teenage Fanclub song puts a big grin on my face. And I'm off to see them in a minute, hurrah!

Did this sell out? It's in The Village yeah? Heard their new album is pretty cool.

here is a drunken list of songs that makes me, the cloak-ed one, happy:

rufus wainwright : greek song
the shins : gone for good (track 9 on chutes too narrow, wow!)
mastodon : blood and thunder/iron tusk
pavement : carrot rope, range life and stereo
mogwai : helicon 1 (bbc session version)
bloc party : helicopter
weezer : pinkerton (ALL of it)
josh rouse : my love has gone
m.ward : hi-fi/helicopter
interpol : nyc
joanna newsom : the milk eyed mender. (it took a while but its all over me like a wonderful rash!)
jimmy eat world : ALL of bleed americam/self titled.

these songs all make my tights, that are outside my cords, feel a little tight.

.|..| x 100000002

'such great heights' postal service
'i'm so excited' le tigre
'girls just wanna have fun' cyndi lauper
'i've got you babe' sonny & cher
'hey ya' outkast

all classics and all guaranteed to make my day if i come across them..
especially when i hear them unexpectedly..i love when that happens..

queen- old fashioned loverboy

nina simone- my baby just cares for me

the knife - heartbeats

thank fuck someone else mentioned that queen song. good old fashioned lover boy is perhaps the best song ever. other happy songs include...

the first two songs on the new animal collective album... haven't a clue about the lyrics but they sound happy!

knocks me off my feet, isn't she lovely, loves in need of love today and sir duke by stevie wonder

california by joni mitchell

history lesson, pt II by the minutemen

island in the sun by weezer

damaged goods- gang of four
give me back my man- chicks on speed
blue monday- new order
say yes- elliot smith
baby i love you- the ronettes

they are some of my happy songs
people should make compilation albums of happy songs with me in mind. ronan keating puts me in a bad mood.

Stan Bowles said:

I don't care much for Teenage Fanclub but I spent yesterday enjoying the fruits of their labours... That is to say, eating and drinking the contents of their rider, which an accomplice thieved from the Village.

My happy song for today shall be.... Nutbush City Limits by Ike & Tina. Tina sure belted that one out, cos she knew what she'd get if she didn't.

le tigre 'the empty' and 'deceptacon'
all of that green weezer album
modest mouse 'ocean breathes salty'
stampin ground 'betrayed by many'
neurosis 'takeahnase'

what was on their rider then?

That gig. That FUCKING POXY CUNT of a venue. No one is good in there, no gig is entirely enjoyable. You spend the entire evening being shoved out of the way by people going to and from the bar and jacks. There is actually NO WHERE good to stand where the sound is good AND you don't get pushed constantly PLUS have easy access to the bar. I am generally a ball of rage after a gig there.

Zita said:
I don't care much for Teenage Fanclub but I spent yesterday enjoying the fruits of their labours... That is to say, eating and drinking the contents of their rider, which an accomplice thieved from the Village.

My happy song for today shall be.... Nutbush City Limits by Ike & Tina. Tina sure belted that one out, cos she knew what she'd get if she didn't.

ah good, just re-read that. Nice to see I am A BALL OF RAGE first thing on a Monday.

kirstie said:
what was on their rider then?

That gig. That FUCKING POXY CUNT of a venue. No one is good in there, no gig is entirely enjoyable. You spend the entire evening being shoved out of the way by people going to and from the bar and jacks. There is actually NO WHERE good to stand where the sound is good AND you don't get pushed constantly PLUS have easy access to the bar. I am generally a ball of rage after a gig there.

Yeah it's a bit rubbish in all those regards. Teenage Fanclub's rider contained.... Heinekin, Rich Tea biscuits, apples, Lyons teabags, tiddlywinks, cranberry juice and other things equally or less exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back