Guitarist seeks band -Limerick (1 Viewer)

JMarr

Hey,

Guitarist here, 28 years young , with experience playing & gigging with a few bands in Dublin last few years. Relocated to Limerick now and itching to get playing with a band again pronto. Either as rhythm or lead guitarist.

I’m not too specific on the Musical genre right now as I wanna get the ball rolling and see whats out there .I’m into most stuff - except METAL
biggrin.gif
(each to their own eh!)
Covers or originals its all good …but I don’t have a heap of original stuff recorded at the mo just so ya know.

Music I likes below, make of it what u will...
In no particular order (***=I likes a lot)

Iggy & The Stooges ***, Beatles***, Rolling Stones***, The Doors , David Bowie, Deep Purple*** , Led Zeppelin ***, ACDC, Thin Lizzy, Jimi Hendrix, Steely Dan, Pixies, Killers, Kings Of Leon, White Stripes, Smiths***, Blur***, Suede***, Tears, Strokes***, Radiohead, Janes Addiction***, Nirvana, Chili Peppers***, Cake***, Shins, Chuck Berry, Kaiser Chiefs, Jon Spencer, Zutons , Cream, Franz Ferdinand, Weezer, Darkness***, GnR, Air ,Daft Punk, Primal Scream, Beck etc etc..there may be more.

Pro gear & attitude , based in the city centre
so c'mon ...what u waiting for?
Reply like a MoFo !

Cheers,
JMarr

Yes , I've quit the Healers and moved to Limerick to start a covers band!
Ssssh dont tell anyone..!ninjaaaa

Ps -are u really a Moose?:D

Yes , I've quit the Healers and moved to Limerick to start a covers band!
Ssssh dont tell anyone..!ninjaaaa

Ps -are u really a Moose?:D

No I'm a person who's been nicknamed moose for about 13 years:)

Do your friends call you JMarr?

No I'm a person who's been nicknamed moose for about 13 years:)

Do your friends call you JMarr?

Fair play to ya...is it cos ya look like one or wha?

Gambra- no what it needs is a decent band..so step up. Btw whats the name of your band again?

Gorilla -I'll take that name thanks its pretty good.

General comment - are any of you people actually musicians or just timewasters? honest question...

Fair play to ya...is it cos ya look like one or wha?

Gambra- no what it needs is a decent band..so step up. Btw whats the name of your band again?

Gorilla -I'll take that name thanks its pretty good.

General comment - are any of you people actually musicians or just timewasters? honest question...

Nah, I run a collective in the city that put on decent gigs. Nothing of the sorts that you'll be playing. y'know the ones we put on have artistic merit and the bands try to do something innovative and new rather than playing the same tired rock/indie riffs over and over again.

Gorilla- was thinking of not having a name but just having this huge middle finger as my name. Kinda like the power electronics version of Prince.

Nah, I run a collective in the city that put on decent gigs. Nothing of the sorts that you'll be playing. y'know the ones we put on have artistic merit and the bands try to do something innovative and new rather than playing the same tired rock/indie riffs over and over again.

Gorilla- was thinking of not having a name but just having this huge middle finger as my name. Kinda like the power electronics version of Prince.

that is by far the meanest bullshitty thing i have ever read on here. artistic merit my arse.

Your the one that comes off like a cunt here Graham.
Artistic merit....gimme a fucking break.

edit-Ramps beat me too it.

ho ho ho...now this is rich.
You havent even heard a millisecond of my music (cos I dont have a band yet. hence the thread ! ) and you're already dissin it as jaded and hackneyed ??? cos I dont have your right-on musical influences is it?

collective eh..so in laymans terms you're a promoter .but c'mon just cos you book a few bands in bakers dont mean you're artistic by association.
artistic merit me hole!

So on this basis ..if you make a decision on a ''band'' you havent even heard
how do you go about booking new bands in your 'collective'?
Is it if they have a cool sounding name or just if they namecheck the right
influences?

I should have said I liked Belgian-screamy-hardcore-DIY-anarcho-sludge-punk eh ...I might have a gig already , before I even have a band.

Your the one that comes off like a cunt here Graham.
Artistic merit....gimme a fucking break.

edit-Ramps beat me too it.

Sorry dudes. I apologise. I just got enraged there for a while. I take it back JMarr! If yer good yer good. I just got majorly annoyed when you name checked so many awful bands in your influences.

JMarr

Im starting up a group at the end of the summer with a view to a release in early 2009. Im 27 years old, currently in the states, moving back to Limbo in two weeks, lot of experience playing and a singing voice that is some where between David Grohl and joe cocker - i can sing anyting man!

I was in band that released a single a couple of years ago that got national air play - ive also done some support act to some big names as a solo singer song writer

Ive some recording of tracks which I can send on.

Im looking for a creative, talented and dedicated lead guitarist - an edge!! :-0

some of your influences work with me.

Let me know if you are interested

Elscorcho

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back