guitar tech (1 Viewer)

aoboa

On the subject of guitar repairs:
I have a Contemporary Telecaster the same as this (not my photo):
coolgearshot.jpg

The threads for fine tuning on the original tremelo wore out so I had it replaced. The only option at the time was a floyd rose style trem.
Thing is the string spacing on the new trem doesn't match the spacing on the humbuckers so the top and bottom E are quieter than the A & B, which are quieter than the D & G - hope this is clear.
The problem is worse on the back pickup than the front.
So, does anyone know where I might be able to pick up a replacement for the original trem/bridge or at least where I might find one that matches?

GrRrrrR said:
Aargh. Floyd Rose. Aaargh.

I think if you head on in to most guitar shops, they'll be able to order you in a replacement.
Nah - tried that. No one in any guitar shop in dublin had a clue - that's how I ended up with an incompatable bridge on the tele. It was the only one that came close to working.

kika said:
Maybe www.stewmac.com

Have ya tried adjusting the polepieces to compensate... that is if they are in fact adjustable?

They're not adjustable :(
I suppose a solution would be to get new humbuckers but I love the sound of the ones I have.

I had Eugene who works out of Musician do some work on my brothers purple shredtastic washbrun floyd rose equipped guitar (spandex pants not included0 and he did a great job on resetting and may have replaced some of the fine tuning pegs, i can't remember...

anyway my point being may some of thes repair dudes would have parts or the means to aquire them

i'm probably going up to beat it in blackrock at the weekend if anyone wants a lift

anyone want to buy a jap reish jazzmaster for 500?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back