Guitar Care (1 Viewer)

Fuck all was the rule of thumb.
But now I've a couple of posh ones, I tend to bring out the shammy the odd time, and occasionally the fret fast. I've also a thing of Fender guitar polish that gets used once in a while.
Fuck all really.

wipe strings down after every time they're played. and when changing strings the guitar gets good clean.

wipe strings down after every time they're played. and when changing strings the guitar gets good clean.
you know youre not supposed to take all the strings off when restringing? it plays havoc with the neck tension..
i tend to do either one by one or the top 3 and then the bottom 3.
i dont take much care at all. they tend to just sit in my rack though.

you know youre not supposed to take all the strings off when restringing? it plays havoc with the neck tension..
i dont take much care at all. they tend to just sit in my rack though.

ah yeah, i always do it one by one. i fucked up my bass leaving it sit for ages with 2 strings on it. won't make that mistake again.

Im quite the christy moore in persiparity terms during my enthusiastic live performaces. now I gives me geetar an aul wipe down after the aforemention live performance. all me bleedin humbuckers are gettin rusty as fuck, how do I prevent this without going to the gym and sheddin the flab???

Im quite the christy moore in persiparity terms during my enthusiastic live performaces. now I gives me geetar an aul wipe down after the aforemention live performance. all me bleedin humbuckers are gettin rusty as fuck, how do I prevent this without going to the gym and sheddin the flab???

Vaseline or ky?

I was told yr meant to do it like... 6, 4, 2, 1, 3, 5, so the tension stays even at all times... I never do that, I take them all off and give it a good ould clean, scrape the snot and fingergunk off the fret board, etc...

beyond that I just make sure to put stick on sparkly stars on them and feel a twinge of guilt everytime one falls over, works for me!

By the way that was a serious suggestion about using vaseline to stop the pickups getting rusty. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back