Groom, Northstation, Mumblin' Deaf Ro, Toner's, Friday Mar 11 (2 Viewers)

snakybus

Website
www.breakingtunes.com
Groom, Northstation, Mumblin' Deaf Ro
Friday, March 11
Toner's (Baggot Street)
3 euros in. That's one euro per band.
That's great that's great that's great that's great that's great with crazy prices.
Doors 8pm

This will be the launch of the remix (sorry, reconstitutions) ep of some of the songs (3 of them) from Stitch that Groom, or Liam, really, have done. These will be released on the SeedyR label.

http://www.seedyr.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Groom
Groom are Brian, Liam, Mike and Wil: an indie electronic band from Dublin who mix looped beats with live instrumentation, including drums, banjos, fuzz guitars, washy keyboards and vocals. They wear stripey wool shirts and have far too many pairs of glasses than is necessary. Conversations about the latest software gizmos while listening to The Postal Service and Lemon Jelly only further confirm their nerd status.

Mike and Wil were founding members of Irish indie band Settler, who had three releases on Fairview House records before disbanding. Settler toured extensively in Ireland and also the USA. Groom is a departure from the easy-going alternative guitar sounds of Settler. Liam Dunne, a prominent dance musician in Dublin's vibrant electronic scene, brings a whole new set of textures to the mix, and Brian O'Higgins completes the set up with his rhythmic rock drumming.

www.gettaroom.com

Northstation
Northstation is Dublin musician Steve Fanagan. Steve began recording as Northstation in 1999, when he provided the soundtrack for a collection of short films. 2001 saw the release of the first Northstation album, ‘plink.plonk’, a collection of songs originally compiled for the din exhibition. This was followed by some live performances. In 2003 Steve began work on the ‘bears’ album, which was released this past July, on risc records (formerly compactrisc). there is a new northstation track - bear cub - on the redbridge compilation, on risc records (www.riscrecords.com). Steve currently works as a sound engineer and releases music under several different names. www.stevefanagan.com

Mumblin’ Deaf Ro
Mumblin’ Deaf Ro released his debut album ‘Senor My Friend . . .’ on the fledgling Dublin independent label Villain Records to critical acclaim in 2003. The Irish Times described it as ‘an idiosyncratic gem - ****’ and Village magazine called it ‘A diamond in the in-tray’. The album features 10 songs about rueful boxers, lovelorn mental patients and aspiring novelists, with their stories accompanied by finger-picking acoustic guitar playing, redolent of Mississippi John Hurt and the Reverend Gary Davis.

Ro has played with many of the finest that the independent scene has to offer including Boa Morte, Holy Ghost Fathers and Stoat. Ro is currently working on his second album ‘The Herring and the Brine’, which will be released later this year. http://www.villainrecords.com

snakybus said:
Mumblin’ Deaf Ro
Mumblin’ Deaf Ro released his debut album ‘Senor My Friend . . .’ on the fledgling Dublin independent label Villain Records to critical acclaim in 2003. The Irish Times described it as ‘an idiosyncratic gem - ****’ and Village magazine called it ‘A diamond in the in-tray’.

you can swear on this forum mike....

If anyone fancies broadcasting this as an ad in China or something and giving us money for it, go right ahead

I'm ruvvin' it

oh oh and we need someone to do the door - any takers?

and someone to sell cds at a table, although Ian was saying he'd do that

weeeeeeee!
MentalAnguishOnAccountOfWhatIOnlyHaveTwoOfTheBastardTracksForTheFeckinEPFinishedSoFar

oh, and Alison Moyet plays the concert hall at the end of April, so, Ian, you can't be a using that as an excuse for weekness.

"Oh, Doctor, I wipe and I wipe and I wipe, I spend as much time wiping as I do crapping, maybe even more. I use toilet paper like it grows on trees--so says my envious father--I wipe until that little orifice of mine is red as a raspberry; but still, much as I would like to please my mother by dropping into her laundry hamper at the end of each day jockey shorts such as might have encased the asshole of an angel, I deliver forth instead (deliberately, Herr Doctor?--or just inevitably?) the fetid little drawers of a boy."

-- Alexander Portnoy

Mike, you look really weird in that pic in your signature. Is it the album cover or what? (I have the album but without cover).

I dunno what it is but you look strange. Did your hair get big? Liam's obviously noticed it too.

Edit: sorry, it's not your signature, it's the attached image on the first post.

roxy said:
Mike, you look really weird in that pic in your signature. Is it the album cover or what? (I have the album but without cover).

I dunno what it is but you look strange. Did your hair get big? Liam's obviously noticed it too.

Edit: sorry, it's not your signature, it's the attached image on the first post.

Mike and Liam have swapped bodies, that's why they both look different.

roxy said:
Yeah but to me, Mike looks the way Brian used look last time I saw him.
This is fucked up.

Mikes hairs gotten smaller if anything. It is the neatest I have ever seen it. I took those photos and I think when you take photos up close like that it makes people look a little ill.

Fret not, Groom are all well. As well as they'll ever be.

Wilbert said:
Mikes hairs gotten smaller if anything. It is the neatest I have ever seen it. I took those photos and I think when you take photos up close like that it makes people look a little ill.

Fret not, Groom are all well. As well as they'll ever be.

You took the pic of yourself? I'm impressed. Did you get my text? Answer the question instead of faffing around on thumped. Thanks.

Wilbert said:
Don't have my phone with me. I shall answer it later on. It will give me something to do later. :(

You can do a film/documentary-related essay for me if you like?? It's due in the middle of the month.

....Discuss the impact of post-modern theory on contemporary representations of the real?
Yeah, I think I'll choose one of the other ones.

I love seeing lecturers trying to explain Postmodernism. "It's kinda, just, everything, yknow?".

Groom will be on Near fm this evening around 10 talking to a certain lady named Fiona and playing some choons.if you're in the vicinity, do tune in.

ps Groom, Northstation, Mumblin' Deaf Ro, Toner's, this friday, only 3 Euro in

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back