Grocery shopping recommendations? (1 Viewer)

It Will Never Last

Well, anyone?

Aldi do lovely:

Pesto sauces.
McGraths tea-bags.
Salt and balck pepper cashews.
Wholegrain bio yoghurts.

Superquinn do lovely:

Lamb leg steaks (4 for about €7, but its the nicest lamb, and perfect for curries/stir frys cos it has no bones)

therecklessone said:

stuff_1.gif

nlgbbbblth said:
mango and passion fruit is best

does anyone find that too much smoothie gives them the shits?

Well I had one t'other day witha breakfast roll, and me waters broke less than an hour later. Can't tell whether it was the sausage/rasher/hash brown combo, the smoothie, or both.

honest smoothies: " look mate, now that youve paid a lot of money for such a small container of me, i gotta tell you that i taste like shit and cause diarrhoea, this detox thing is just a scam placebo thing"

ms.b.haven said:
i'm big into Honest smoothies at the mo' especially the banana, honey and ginger detox...yum

this is neither here nor there really but check out "sesame sticks" from a health shop or another related retailer. they are savage and good for you too. about 1.80 for a rather large bag. if you don't like them, i'll reinburst you the 1.80 :p

Jesus christ thats a far cry from bacon and cabbage alright , Ireland is getting way to "west" for my liking.

on my way home i picked out a massive potato the size of a grapefruit and baked it. i filled it with cheese, onion, a knob of butter and a modest salad on the side.

it was cheap, delicious and a v sign to wanky, western tomfoolery.

ramps said:
honest smoothies: " look mate, now that youve paid a lot of money for such a small container of me, i gotta tell you that i taste like shit and cause diarrhoea, this detox thing is just a scam placebo thing"
yes indeed, money literally going through your hole.

Lefty Frizzell said:
on my way home i picked out a massive potato the size of a grapefruit and baked it. i filled it with cheese, onion, a knob of butter and a modest salad on the side.

it was cheap, delicious and a v sign to wanky, western tomfoolery.

Modest salad on the side eh? Sounds fierce western to me ya big girl.

If you were any sort of a man, you'd have eaten a horse of a salad.

therecklessone said:
Modest salad on the side eh? Sounds fierce western to me ya big girl.

If you were any sort of a man, you'd have eaten a horse of a salad.

and what did i have with my cup of scald for dessert?

logo_yorkie.gif

Good man yourself! For the Yorkie, and calling it scald.

Here, Colm Meaney's on Hanging with Hector right now, there showing all his best work.

Georgie fucking Burgess!

well i'm more of a bacon and cabbage myself but these really are savage, check em out ro

Roisin said:
Jesus christ thats a far cry from bacon and cabbage alright , Ireland is getting way to "west" for my liking.

ah, M&S will be coming to Galway soon i think so i get a chance to sample it then - smoothies are the best and it helps that i don't get the shits from it
Zeelander said:
If you like yummy smoothies of that ilk, might I suggest the M&S vanilla smoothie. It's the bestest.

always on me list..................

olives

mini-cut macaroni (can't seem to get that in ireland)

fair-trade orange juice

fair-trade columbian honey (or welsh if its about) for the making of the balsamic-stylee dressings

organic welsh milk

recycled toilet roll

superquinn is where its at for the grocery shopping. it may be more expensive but its well worth it for the frrrrressssssshhhhhhhneeeeesssssss. bread and cheese and vegetables and herbs and apparentlty meat are all just nicer. they seem to have far better choice of really nice stuff and also have a far better quality control thing going on or something. and they cook their own bakery stuff instore. dunnes/tesco do aswell but its that fucking cuisine de france preserved-to-the-max heat-to-inflate muck! so it doesnt count. lidl is great for bulk buying of fruit to make juice and stuff. but a doorstop bread sandwich with fresh rocket, smoked gouda cheese, cherry tomatoes and black pepper made from superquinn ingredients just cant be beat. ahhhh superquinn. even when i ate meat years ago it was superquinn sausages and premium ham all the way.

this has been a party political broadcast on the part of
superquinn_logo.jpg

Parnell St. and it's Chinese shops- home of some delicious Chinese dumplings that you get with rice for a set price of 6 quid, they'll'll fill up two of you if you bring a friend. Mind the "pork" and the "beef" chunks though - 'cos they ain't neither...Also they have good value packets of pistachio nuts. And other products with some very funny sino-english descriptions...e.g, "delicious food nonce" to describe a packet of horrendous strawberry-flavoured e-# discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back