great stories your grandparents told you (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
my aussie grandad died from skin cancer at the age of 28, but prior to that he was a gunner in Egypt during world war 2. he must have had some good stories about that.
my great grandmother from northern ireland had deadly stories about the black and tans coming into their home when she was a kid and raiding and looting the place. before she died she wrote these essays for us to have about the farm they lived on, and a train that she was supposed to go on but missed. it blew up.
im gonna have to try a little harder if i wanna make my grandkids think im cool.

a bit off topic, but I have a grand uncle, who crash his car at 80 years of age - through a shop front opposite the RDS. He was in hospital and no one could understand what the cunt was saying, as he lost his false teeth in the crash. My aunt went back to the car, to find his teeth, and there they were in the back seat, wrapped around a slice of apple tart.

Anal_Hygiene said:
My aunt went back to the car, to find his teeth, and there they were in the back seat, wrapped around a slice of apple tart.

Leeson St tart's knickers would have been amazing.

my grandad told me loads of crazy shit about my great grandad..fought in Galipolli during WW1 and was bayoneted at the Battle of Mons
insane stuff, came back a bit of a madser

Grandad #1 died outside stalingrad in '42, not many great stories to tell there. Grandad #2 died back in 70-something, conveniently avoiding a rather large tax liability. 'Nuff said. Grandma #1 died back in the 60s, and grandma #2 is senile, and never gave the impression that she had any interesting skeletons in the closet. Can I adopt someone else's cool grandparents?

lurlow said:
A Grandad at Stalingrad is pretty happening

on the wrong side buh?

all mine were dead before i was born, so all i had was my dad's aunt who raised him.

lurlow said:
My Grandad shot and was in turn shot by black and tans. Never told storys about it though, kept it all bottled up like a real man.

black and tan malarkey on both sides; grandad no 1 (died in the 60s) only managed to escape being executed by the black and tans during a round up as he was recognised by one of the RIC men as the local school teacher. Apparently they had him against the wall and had already shot the guy next to him. Grandad no 2s father was invloved in hiding guns or something and the B&Ts hung him by his ankles over a railway bridge for hours as the trains sped by underneath trying to get him to confess. He had a nevous breakdown and spent the rest of his life locked up in the mental in portlaoise. Granny no 2 is from the cumbria in the north of england, and has loads of deadly coal mining/fisherman stories, plus her dad was in WWI, and all her brothers were in the army in WWII, including two guys(one of whom I met as a kid) who were in the chindits in burma fighting the japanese, and ended up in a 'bridge on the river kwai' type POW camp. My granny thusly HATES japanese people (although shes never met any).
Granny no1 is the bog standard to school through the fields type. Willing to swap her for ICUN8U's stalingrad grandad

In fairness, weve had it fucking handy as a generation. (so far anyway)

oh shit said:
boring though

well maybe this links back to the thread about death/unfulfilled lives etc, perhaps if you spend a few years of your youth going over the top into the teeth of the huns machine guns you might feel that you achieved something in your life,

i had a great-grandad who was in a tank division in Africa in WW2, one day when i was about 9 i asked him what it was like and about 4 hours later had a VERY good idea what it was like. it didn't sound very cool at all. the old boy had shell shock to boot.

JohnnyRaz said:
well maybe this links back to the thread about death/unfulfilled lives etc, perhaps if you spend a few years of your youth going over the top into the teeth of the huns machine guns you might feel that you achieved something in your life.
the greatest lie ever told. dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back