Great singles by lost irish bands (1 Viewer)

Anyone remember the band In Motion? I had an ep by them with a track called (I think) "It takes a long while (to see you smile)". Great track. Would have come out around 1994-ish I reckon.

I should know but can't really remember.
I think the ep was called "for an evenings velvet ending".

Always admired yer man out of In Motion's guitar playing. Quite tricky stuff to play and sing along to.

Not lost particularly, but certainly not as well known as it should be, and definitely one of the great Irish singles, in my opinion:

The Blades: Downmarket

Can't believe no-one's mentioned Bambi. they had some cracking singles. 'Supertease' is my fav. Mexican Pets had some great ones alright. I especially love Diana the Moon, the b-sides are even better. The first two Connectfour Orchestra 7"s. The Coldspoons - 'Tesseract'...

first two c4o releases. still play em regularly.
and
tokyo olympics 'radio'.
best irish tune ever.
p.s mr pharmy ill rip it for you soon.

I remember a band called the Marbles who had a great single when I started college - about 96. I think they were from Sligo or someplace. No idea how it went or what is was called but it was the biz. As was that Woodstar one.

I remember a band called the Marbles who had a great single when I started college - about 96. I think they were from Sligo or someplace. No idea how it went or what is was called but it was the biz. As was that Woodstar one.

Yeah, that marbles single was good..bought it....Slip into sound

The track by my petrol emotion with the she bangs the drums riff, nearly sure it was sensitize...that'd be on the compilation as well

Anyone remember the band In Motion? I had an ep by them with a track called (I think) "It takes a long while (to see you smile)". Great track. Would have come out around 1994-ish I reckon.

We remember them, in fact we've just digitally reissued their debut album 'The Language of Everyday Life' with 2 bonus tracks including 'It Takes A Long While' which was on their 'For An Evening’s Velvet Ending' EP.

Here ya go!

Anyone remember the name of that Irish hip-hop/DJ Shadow-style group they'd often play on No Disco (Donal Dineen era)?

Think there was 3 of them and the single I really liked....I think they were creeping around hotel corridors or something like that. Around 97/98 I'd say.

Any ideas?

Anyone remember the name of that Irish hip-hop/DJ Shadow-style group they'd often play on No Disco (Donal Dineen era)?

Think there was 3 of them and the single I really liked....I think they were creeping around hotel corridors or something like that. Around 97/98 I'd say.

Any ideas?

maybe bass odyssey....this?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Stano - Wreckage
Fatima Mansions - As I washed the blood off (b-side to Nite Flights)
Idiots / Rednecks Road Relish single
Princess Tinymeat: Sloblands
The Swinging Swine: Them ghosts do come

Any ideas?

This???

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0f4ci9Rm0k&feature=PlayList&p=FCBD2EFBB01E21CF&playnext=1&index=20"]YouTube - Big Brother 7 - So Sexy - Spiral - BBLB[/ame]

Fuckin gas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back