great short albums (2 Viewers)

Minutemen-What Makes A Man Start Fires & The Punch Line
John Cale-Paris 1919
Angry Samoans-Back From Samoa
Husker Du-Land Speed Record & Everything Falls Apart
Meat Puppets-I

Two good debut albums that would lead to absolutely savage 2nd albums;
Enon's Believo!, Les Savy Fav's 3/5

A savage 2nd album clocking in at 30 minutes - Bellini's Small Stones.
Buzz or Howl under the influence of fire - only about 15 minutes. Prime for being played a good three times in a row.
Rapeman's one album is pretty short if you cut off the Budd e.p.(or is it? I'm not actually sure presently)
What's pushing the short album mark? 35? 39?

nlgbbbblth said:
Budd EP is CD only.

Just checked LP timings and it's 29:20 approx.

I don't even have a copy of that at the moment. Could bought perfect nick vinyl for about 22euro on ebay a while ago. I was a hesitant and stingy fool about it.
I remember years ago the live part of Budd was playing and some fiftysomething rural father of someone we didn't even know was standing in our living room. The next thing you just hear that "motherfucker!!"
and sniggers ensued. Fuck embarrassment.

Nate Champion said:
I don't even have a copy of that at the moment. Could bought perfect nick vinyl for about 22euro on ebay a while ago. I was a hesitant and stingy fool about it.
I remember years ago the live part of Budd was playing and some fiftysomething rural father of someone we didn't even know was standing in our living room. The next thing you just hear that "motherfucker!!"
and sniggers ensued. Fuck embarrassment.

hahaha
what did he say?

Shitloads of letters into the NME when the Rapeman name was unveiled.

nlgbbbblth said:
hahaha
what did he say?

Shitloads of letters into the NME when the Rapeman name was unveiled.

What did he say? I don't think he said anything - he was really shy. Myself and "Rico" (some guy, coincidentially who was at the Shellac gig shouting "Dave Clarke" continuously at them) just split our holes! We laughed a lot in those days. We were fucking stoners. Jeez, I can't believe how much of a stoner I was back then. I couldn't smoke a joint now without wanting to rip out body organs. I remember this kinda crack came to an end when on hash brownies, I became obsessed with wanting to rip out my windpipe. I nearly had a breakdown in the ensueing weeks, which happened to be Christmas, convinced there was something in my head.

Yeah, Albini's comments from the time about British teadrinking types and their petty complaints were pretty funny!

Just downloaded an amazing short album. The Holy Mountain Entrails. A nice blend of Zeke and Tragedy. .|..|

Speaking of Zeke, Dirty Sanchez (21 minutes) and Death Alley (27 minutes) fucking rule.

35 min 11 secs

queen-flash_gordon-front.jpg

Surely 35 minutes cannot be considered a short album. Before the days of cd's full of filler,35 minutes was probably the average.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
Is a 9 song album considered a mini- or a full length album? Or does it depend on the length in minutes?

Forget mini albums / EPs etc
Just an album.

Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans - 4 tracks - never called a mini album or EP.

To me, an EP is a single without a lead track.

Well my favourite hip hop album of the year so far is only 32 minutes long (Murray's Revenge by Murs and 9th Wonder) and my favourite one from last year was only 34 minutes long (Beauty And The Beat by Edan).
I'm suprised no-one's mentioned the first four Ramones albums yet.

Nate Champion said:
'Hissing prigs in couture' - brainiac
'berserker lp - scratch acid
Any of those first four jawdropping jesus lizard records

codeine's barely real. classify it as an album. class.

hissing prigs isn't that short.13 songs.

i'd prefer scratch acid to berserker myself.still all amazing albums as per usual nate:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back