Grassroots Music Gathering! (1 Viewer)

redflaremist

Website
www.geocities.com
Grassroots Music Gathering!

This Thursday November 27th at 7.30pm, at Bodkins on Bolton Street (just at the top of Capel Street)

Admission only €3!

The lineup: Lynched, Krossphader, Jack the human beatbox, Anto Dillon, You & Me.

Lynched (live) - The Lynch Brothers do their unique insane take on punk and trad, with black humour and tales of drink, sex, life on the dole, and more drink & sex. A warm up gig before they play support to their hero Ding Dong Denny O'Reilly in early December.

Krossphader (DJ) - A true pirate, starting off on RadioActive and then Power FM, now a regular spinner at electro club Neuromantek. Krossie plays everything with bass in it. A fan of the latest mutant micro sub-genre, whatever it may be! Expect nothing but the entire spectrum of music in his set.

Jack the human beatbox (live) - one half of the Man & the Machine, often to be spotted on Grafton Street with a microphone attached to his face, pumping out the beats, accelerating from hip-hop, through breakbeat and 2-step, up to hyper pitched drum'n'bass. Original organic music!

Anto Dillon (DJ) - The King of Loserdom, an integral part of the influential fanzine scene, Anto's music tastes are second to none. Much like his love of cycling, his choice of records will bring you meandering around before finishing in a sweaty indie climax.

You & Me (live) - The duo of Brian & Paddy minus their regular drummer, these two lads don a guitar each and play off each other with intelligence and inventiveness, taking songwriting to a new level with clever and playful lyrics.

Admission is a measly, insignificant 3 euros. All proceeds go towards the Grassroots Gathering bus down to the anti war blockade of Shannon Airport on Saturday December 6th.

Hope to see you all on Thursday night.

red, in case no one said it to you yesterday, yr gonna be fined big time for sticking posters up out in the street/on hoardings etc... big time..

I've always wondered how that works, I've heard of people putting on gigs getting fined before.... I mean how do they trace who put up the posters? Could I theoretically go out and lash up a load of posters for a GZ gig on walls etc and land damo with a large fine...surely it's not that simple...???

Liiadain said:
I've always wondered how that works, I've heard of people putting on gigs getting fined before.... I mean how do they trace who put up the posters? Could I theoretically go out and lash up a load of posters for a GZ gig on walls etc and land damo with a large fine...surely it's not that simple...???

the venue get the fine.they have your contact details from booking the gig.and they pass it on to you.and if you want to use the venue again it needs to be payed.

Seanad Éireann
Volume 98
23 June, 1982
Litter Bill, 1981: Committee Stage.

Senator Brendan Ryan (labour) "I do not know if everybody else realises how serious this is, but what is going to happen is that when somebody like the aforementioned “Meat Loaf” turns up, who is an international rock star, nobody is going to chase him to ask him to pay his £50 or £100 fine or anything like it. But when the small punk rock band in Galway or Cork or Sligo are having a gig in the local pub and they put posters up and somebody takes exception to it—some, I repeat, middle-aged official in the local authority—they are going to be prosecuted by virtue of the fact that they have posters up. Anybody who realises the way this culture is propagated"

I found this when I went to the oireachteas website years ago and did a search under 'punk'. Lots of hilarious shit comes up.

This from 1980 "The general picture presented by the letter of serious disorder in the area and of no Garda presence is false. The gardaí say that skinheads, punk rockers, teddy boys and hell's angels have been frequenting the Dandelion Market area of St. Stephen's Green on Sunday afternons. I understand that gangs of 13 to 15 year olds run up and down Grafton Street for fun. Also present are members of the religious Hare Krishna sect who play drums, cymbals and so on. H-Block youth have held meetings at the top of Grafton Street on two recent Sundays and found following there from the group referred to as skinheads. I understand the youths march from St. Stephen's Green down Grafton Street to O'Connell Street chanting and shouting political slogans. The main Garda objective has been to separate the different factions in order to avoid serious disorder. Garda patrolling has been intensified with extra foot patrols, mobile patrols by the crime task force, traffic motor cycles and by the dog unit."

...and from '82 "While Fianna Fáil and the Minister for Finance seem unable to face up to the responsibilities of Government, young people crowd the pool rooms. They stun themselves with drugs and with the wilder aberrations of punk and mod and all the other modern trends. They try to forget what they suspect lies before them. The tourist industry stagnates as we price ourselves out of the market."

...from 1984 (spooky) "We had the teddyboys and the punks era and then things settled down. The offence of loitering with intent was found to be unconstitutional at a time when the population had settled down. We should look at this area again because it would be a great help if a garda could tell a group to move on."

...from 1996 "The power of arrest is not vested solely in the Garda or other State officials but, by virtue of section 4 (2) to “any person”, irrespective of whether “any person” has seen the offences being committed. The Minister should give thought — as she clearly has not done — to the consequences of this section since groups of tattooed skinheads, Hell's Angels, punkrockers, bizarre do-gooders and parties of four-year-olds visiting the zoo will all be given a general power of arrest in respect of offences they have not seen being committed."

and thats only a sample!

mc moley said:
i cant fuckin go to this gig anymore....god damcollege assesments to do.
i was lookin forward to it. shit buzz
boink. tomorrow night, please come down. i imagine darragh is in good form after the thessaloniki 7 release, so he'll play a blinder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back