Grant Hart (ex-Husker Du), Upstairs in Whelan's, Fri 14 Dec (1 Viewer)

whelanslive

Whelanslive presents

GRANT HART (ex-Husker Du/Nova Mob) (FULL BAND SHOW)
Friday 14th December
Upstairs At Whelan's
Doors 8pm
Tickets €11 including booking fee available to buy online from www.wavtickets.ie or call the WAV Box Office [Lo-call 1890 200 078]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8ucxTFMuNU

Grant Hart was one of the two primary songwriters of the glorious trainwreck and profoundly influential rock unit that was Hüsker Dü and helped to shape the sound and voice of indie rock to come, influencing a generation of bands that followed including but by no means exclusive to Nirvana, Pixies, Fugazi, Throwing Muses, Afghan Whigs & The Breeders. Husker Du showed the world that power and melody did not have to be mutually exclusive and that there was a place for the confessional lyric in punk rock

After 6 albums the band he shared with Bob Mould for nearly a decade imploded and Hart went on to form Nova Mob and then put out a handful of critically acclaimed solo albums over the years, including " Hot Wax" and " Intolerance".

In April of this year, Grant released a limited edition 7" vinyl with two new songs, "Morning Star" and " So Far From Heaven", the tracks are taken from his highly anticipated new album, "The Argument", which comes out early next year.

Although music is still Grant's main stock in trade, his visual arts skills remain as sharp as ever. In addition, he has recently taken part in several readings of his poetry as well as reading the works of his late friend Charles Henri Ford at the Metropolitan Arts Club in New York. He often performs with Patti Smith and has shared the stage with such notables as Charles Plymell, Philip Glass and of course his late chum William S. Burroughs. He currently serves such diverse organizations as The Duchamp Society, The Ghost Squadron of the Confederate Air Force and The Studebaker Drivers Club of North America.

This is gonna be great. I saw him in Galway a year and a half ago and he excelled with just a guitar; this time he's aided with a full backing band so I'm quite excited. Think I'll be going to this on my own, same as last time. Happened with Mould in Cork too - why aren't more people into Husker Du?! Anyway, anyone know what time he's likely to go on stage? Must try to limit as much awkward standing around as possible.

good gig. wish he played longer. started off well by handing out a carton of beers to the crowd. nice to hear the songs with a full band

He played brilliantly but I can't help but feel disappointed that he left after an hour or so. Nuts. I realise he's only been rehearsing with the band since Monday but he could have played another five or six songs with just his guitar to compensate.

She Floated Away was a highlight. I liked some of the newer stuff too, Radiate in particular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back