grand designs is backsoon (1 Viewer)

whathappen?

thank god for that.i love this show.
i love sitting there in my jammies with a cup of tea wishing, hoping, praying for the day to come when I too with sip on wine eat bizarre fruits have children called Tarquin and Quentin and have enough money from my city husband to build a carbon nuetral hillside monster of a house complete with something bespoke,anything at all but preferably a shiny black kitchen with built in plasma screens .
oh joy of joys

Favourite Grand Designs was the one where some braying fuckwit told Kevin McCloud how he wanted to be a writer and the only thing stopping him from realising his dream was the lack of a 500,000 house on a hillside somewhere. Any time I feel myself procrastinating wildly, I think of that guy.

I miss Kevin McCloud. I miss him talking about the integrity of things.

d'ya remember that guy who wouldnt say where he got the money frombut he and his wife upped sticks and began to build this hous with some sort of inverted roof that went all wrong and they ran out of time.he was having some sort ofmid life crisis or else won the lotto. he wanted a a simple clean living minimalist house but had just come from a suburban flowery wallpaper dusty bookshelf kinda lace. it was odd but brave
my favourite was the chalet in the swiss alps . a gorgeous log cabin with a 50000 kitchen.

The Hoff (huff?) house was incredible.. shipped in from Germany and the German builders who came with it had it built millimetre perfect in about 5 days! It was meant to be longer, but they managed that even after the English crane driver turned up half a day late at the start.

They then cleaned everything up, including the inside of their toolboxes forfuxake and off they went.

House looked incredible, like a big Mondrian painting.

Speaking as someone who's had builders in recently.. I wish you could hire Germans!

i've only seen one - he sculptor, she artist, built a fantastic 4 bed place in italy for STG£19k. he carved a lot of the stonework himself out of local stone, and they were meticulous in ensuring it was built to look like it had been there for hundreds of years.

The Hoff (huff?) house was incredible.. shipped in from Germany and the German builders who came with it had it built millimetre perfect in about 5 days! It was meant to be longer, but they managed that even after the English crane driver turned up half a day late at the start.

They then cleaned everything up, including the inside of their toolboxes forfuxake and off they went.

House looked incredible, like a big Mondrian painting.

Speaking as someone who's had builders in recently.. I wish you could hire Germans!

Yeah that was super impressive, I'd be tempted by one of them or similar(there's quite a few) if I could ever afford it.

Best show ever.

Foreverever.

This was pretty disappointing last night. The house was nice but the finish was horrible - that ghastly 70s three piece, the horrible sanding on the wood, the pointless and mismatched bedroom with the huge chimney and tiny stove. Yuck. And is it me or has McCloud guy gone from genial and charming to leering and sarky-bordering-on-insulting? The bit where they went into the loft for the last time before the end of the show (about 40 mins in) he was constantly staring at the wife's chest. I mean so was i (didn't notice he was even in the shot until herself pointed it out), but then i'm not on national telly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back