GRAILS - DOOMSDAYER'S HOLIDAY (1 Viewer)

I Bleed Black

Website
www.myspace.com
grwebcoverwc1.jpg

Following up last year’s Burning Off Impurities and their recent Take Refuge In Clean Living EP, Grails return with their darkest, heaviest record yet. Written and recorded over the last 18 months, Doomsdayer’s Holiday delivers on the promises made by their previous albums, taking equal pride in smoky psychedelics and mountain-ascending riffs.

With Faust conspirator Steven Wray Lobdell and Earth/Sunn O))) producer Randall Dunn as engineers – not to mention drummer Emil Amos having recently become the new other half of Om – Grails’ avant-metal leanings are evident as always. But Doomsdayer’s Holiday finds their already-broad palette continually expanding with 70s European film noir and cosmic free jazz explorations to compliment the Middle Eastern psychedelic folk-metal the group is already known for. Inviting the legendary Alan Bishop of Sun City Girls to add vocals to the mix for the ominous “Predestination Blues” only adds to its unusual beauty

Listen to "Reincarnation Blues" on their myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/grailsongs

Can't wait for this plus that artwork looks sweet .|..|

Just realises I still haven't heard this album. Searched google for a hook up and this thread was top of the list, cheers Mr. Surfer.

Gotta agree Take Refuge.... is an amazing album.

They NEED to play Supersonic this year. They'd be perfect for it and I'd love to see them.

They over for ATP in May, dunno if they'd be back again but yeah it'd be a good idea. They were one of my favourites at Roadburn last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back