Graham Day & The Gaolers (Damaged Goods) Sat Nov 3rd (1 Viewer)

Primitive

Graham Day & The Gaolers + The Keepers (NI) + The Revellions + Dandelion + Emporer Tomato Ketchup
@ The Voodoo Lounge Dublin
Saturday November 3rd
Tickets: 15 Euros (Only available on the Door)
Doors: 8.30pm.
Club Time: 8.30pm Till Late

Graham Day & The Gaolers make their Irish live debut on Saturday November 3rd at Dublin’s Voodoo Lounge to promote their forthcoming album “Soundtrack to the Daily Grind” which will be released through the infamous Damaged Goods label (Holly Golightly, Billy Childish)

Graham Day is a founder member of The Prisoners and The SolarFlares. He has also played drums with Billy Childish in Thee Mighty Caesars and Bass in The Buff Medways. He also appeared in the Gift Horses alongside Martin Blunt and Jon Brookes before they formed The Charlatans. He's joined in his latest incarnation Graham Day & The Gaolers by Dan Elektro and Buzz Hagstrom from legendary US garage band The Woggles.

The Prisoners were included in the NME’s feature of great “Lost Bands”. At one point Tim Burgess of The Charlatans said how much he loved the band & Radio 1’s Steve Lamacq devoted a whole chapter to The Prisoners in his book “Going Deaf for a Living”

The Prisoners pre-empted the visceral energy of the Hives and the White Stripes and anticipated the baggy shuffle of the Charlatans and the Inspiral Carpets. Lead singer Graham Day's scorching Hendrix-influenced guitar riffs and organist James Taylor's (James Taylor Quartet) hypnotising Hammond whirls and irresistible go go rhythms. The Prisoners were such a solid unit - a bunch of fiercely independent anti-hipsters who exuded a dryly silly sense of humour - and owed as much to the Pretty Things and the Jimi Hendrix Experience, as the Small Faces, or Booker T. & The MGs.

"There were only two bands I listened to in the 80s - The Prisoners and New Order". Tim Burgess - The Charlatans

“I’ll always be glad I saw The Prisoners at their peak. In my mind they are one of the great bands, the ones that people should wish that they saw & most people I know who were there believe the same. Steve Lamacq

http://www.myspace.com/grahamdayandthegaolers

http://www.myspace.com/theinfamousprisoners

http://www.myspace.com/thewoggles

capsmddvcd3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back