Going rate for wedding presents (1 Viewer)

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
Going to the wedding of a guy in work tomorrow, haven't been to a wedding from outside immediate family or closest friends in ages, so dunno how much I should be giving. I like the guy a lot and have been working with him for 5 years, but we haven't really spent enough outside-work time together to be *friend* friends

I'm going with Mrs. egg_. I've a decent job and can afford to pay what's socially acceptable, I just don't know what "socially acceptable" is. Help me out, thumped (please)

Been to a few weddings recently so i was asking people. €75 is the going rate i heard, €150 for a couple. But it also depends on your situation, if you're not earning too much €50 is fine.

One girl who's getting married soon said she would be just as happy with a thoughtful present. I suggested i'd get her a load of spoons with my name engraved on it, to which she replied "i'd be personally offended if you gave that to us"

The last wedding I went to we got them a €100 ticketmaster voucher. It was a compromise. I thought the cash felt weird. Plus they were music people. They were delighted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back