Going on tour - any tips? (1 Viewer)

Website
www.kidblunt.com
We're about to head out on a tour to Holland and Belgium, We're going for about two weeks and are driving with gear in two rather small cars. Sleeping will be tent orientated. Is there anything some experienced ppl can remind us or warn us of as panic organisation is settin in, we're going in a week. Things already thought of are - eurpoean adapters, toll roads, spare leads,skins,strings etc but seeing as we only thought of these important things in the last few days we are afraid there are some other obvious things we could be forgetting. Cheers!

Water purity tablets?! - they're going to Nederland not Niger! Spare socks? Are ya punk or wha'?!

You'll be grand - people are nice and helpful - just ask the heads involved in the places you're playing if ya need anything.

I'll meet yis in the Blauwe for the Mikiladoras gig. Can ya bring me bottle of Buckie or a two litre by any chance??

XyamezX

Here's some good tips...

In Belgium the cheapest beer *Cara Pils* can be purchased from Delhaize supermarket for a mere 33c/500ml.
In Nederland it's called *Export* from Plus, or the ownbrand beer from Albert Heijn. Both are 60c/half litre with the AH being half% stronger.

When in Liege it is important to go to the square near the Palais station and look for the chipshop across from the bus stops. For 2yoyo's you get a big fucken pain-frite avec sauce gratis. It's an experience to remember. Just ask BohsPunks.

But the venues will give you lots of free beer anyway, as well as food.

Dope is expensive in Am*dam, and cigarettes cheaper in Belgium.

If you're planning to sleep in tents be prepared as it's pretty cold now, as winter approaches.
People at the gigs can maybe help you out with places to stay.

What are the tour dates?

What kind of venues? Squats/clubs/Something else? Are they providing food and drink etc? Quite common in a lot of the "punk DIY" places they usually get you somewhere to stay as well,If this is the case you will save space by leaving the tents behind. You could even just chance it and ask for floor space at gigs.you should confirm everything with them beforehand. Ask what time they expect you to show up even thouigh you'll be late and ask what time the gigs are supposed to start and if there's a curfew. 1 van would have been better than 2 cars as far as petrol is concerned but you've probably already discussed that. Do you have maps/directions and phone numbers for all the venues and promoters? Wear the same clothes eveygig no matter how smelly or wet they are,it's only for a short while and you'll warm up once you start playing. Better off keeping clothes clean and dry as long as possible. Shower ever chance you get. You don't know when the next one will be. And if anywhere does give you free food or drink and there is any left over,take it with you. Next gig may not provide it.
If I think of more I'll post it
Most of this does not apply to crusty's

When I said that people at the gigs can maybe help you out with places to stay I meant for the nights that you're not playing. I'm sure that you will have a place to stay every gig you play.

Dirty wet clothes= .|..|
Showers= !bog

If you're gonna go for the leftovers remember that there maybe are more bands to eat after you, and people involved with the gig too. So it may not actually be leftovers! Why do ya think Gary 'greedy-guts' Sloan has such a bad name in the Europa?

some contacts....

Hey,

Myself and Short are buzzing around the same regio right about now. Weve picked up a few contacts in squats. Ill PM them to you. Real nice place to stay in Leuven 20 minutes from Brussels, a social centre, real friendly. Its 19 SchapenStrab, Leuven. The community all know about it as theyre fighting off eviction by Opus Dei. Email [email protected] or check

http://www.squat.net/leuven/index.htm

Also have some for Amsterdam, Brussels itself, the Hague and elsewhere.

We saw some posters for the gig with Makildores, so well be at that if you want some banter on where to go and the like.

theres also a three day punk fest in Ypres, camping is availible there, Oi Polloi are playing. See

http://www.bicklescab.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bicknews.htm

Cant seem to find proper link for that Fest, but will forward it.

Thanks a million, that seems to have covered most doubts, Turlough has the contacts thing under control, I think most of the above applies as far as food and accomodation for the nights we play... thanks again!

Yeah yeah, but am I getting the 2litre or the Buckfast? The suspence is killing me.

And don't forget - salt'n'vinegar not mank cheese'n'onion, mmmmkay?

See you in Den Haag....

Cudos to ya brother if ya do manage it...
I'm the one with the dread-mullet and the dodgy moustache, from Kilkenny (of course!).
We shared a taxi from Cormac's house one time after a party...I was the sorry lookin' fecker on crutches.

Slimjim Hody said:
Cudos to ya brother if ya do manage it...
I'm the one with the dread-mullet and the dodgy moustache, from Kilkenny (of course!).
We shared a taxi from Cormac's house one time after a party...I was the sorry lookin' fecker on crutches.
Oh yeah! I do remember! I'll have the goods for ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back