Glasto line-up. (1 Viewer)

TenRabbits

Website
www.tenrapid.com
Glastonbury (June 24-26): The White Stripes, Coldplay, The Who, Kylie Minogue, Bloc Party, New Order, Doves, OutKast, Athlete, Keane, Brian Wilson, Scissor Sisters, Kasabian, Paul Weller, Stereophonics, Mercury Rev, Gorillaz, Chemical Brothers, The Concretes, Hot Hot Heat, The Subways, SFA, Ian Brown, The Coral, Dandy Warhols, QOTSA, Grandaddy, Beastie Boys, The Killers, The Bravery, Hope Of The States, The Zutons, The Futureheads, Elbow, The Tears, Ian Brown.

Tickets out 3rd April, apparently.

I would imagine the best way to get to see any of these bands is to be on the same bill as them, as trying to get a ticket is fecking pointless..

Glasto line-up is usually quite irrelevant.
Being there is were the craic is. Its true that you need never see a band.
Last year was amazing despite the shit line up.
The good bands that do play come as a welcome surprise.

GO.

theres some snippets of the new QOTSA album on their new site. sounds really average. shame.

ah I've alreayd booked my flights over. Didn't even know who was playing.

T'will be a mighty good laugh! :D

If we get tickets!

and if we don't..... well..... we're on the tear in bristol for a week then....

thickaspigshit said:
Bristol is desperate. you wont last more than a day.

Myself and a friend decided to go over to Glasto a bit early last year, and spent four days bumming around Bristol before heading to Shepton Mallet to pick up our tickets for the actual festival. And that was two days too many--Bristol's nice enough, but we kind of ran out of things to do after the first couple of days.

So go there on Monday afternoon, see the suspension bridge, check out a couple of pubs, go to a gig or two if you can, and then head to Glastonbury on Wednesday. That would be my advice.

Paul

4 days in advance...jaysus.

I travelled with friends from London on the weds morning, thought that was a long journey!!

picking up my ticket from the Amulet was such a happy moment.

thickaspigshit said:
4 days in advance...jaysus.

I travelled with friends from London on the weds morning, thought that was a long journey!!

picking up my ticket from the Amulet was such a happy moment.

We're only going early on the tuesday, maybe head to the pub or a gig depending whats on, and head down on the wednesday...

Then going back from glasto to bristol, staying there a night so we can have a hot shower before flying home.

Whats the deal with tickets? This is my first year and i'm guessing you have to collect them from someplace??

colly said:
Whats the deal with tickets? This is my first year and i'm guessing you have to collect them from someplace??

Last year, they started requiring that anyone coming to the festival from outside the UK had to go to a shop called The Amulet in Shepton Mallet (the closest town to the actual site) to collect their tickets.

This was a major pain in the arse--not because it was hard getting the tickets themselves, but because getting from Bristol to Shepton Mallet and then from there to the site was annoying as fuck. (Despite what the Glasto organisers said, there was no shuttle bus running between SM and the site, at least not on the Wednesday.)

I don't know what will happen this year--their "new and improved" ticket-getting system last year was such a debacle that Eavis & Co have promised major changes for 2005, but since it seems that very few people from outside the UK actually go to Glastonbury, I have the sinking feeling that we'll all have to pick up our tix in Shepton Mallet again.

Paul

Ah thank you soooo much!

some of our plans included getting that free shuttle bus...

We were getting the train from bristol temple meads to castle gary or something ( havn't booked or anything yet mind you ) ... and were told that castle gary is the nearest station to the festival and pilton, and that the shuttle service would run from there.

Is the station in shepton mallet called castle gary?

Hmmm... well thanks for the info....

How'd you pay for your tickets last year actually?

colly said:
some of our plans included getting that free shuttle bus...

So did mine. And as I said, it didn't exist. I wasn't happy.

colly said:
We were getting the train from bristol temple meads to castle gary or something ( havn't booked or anything yet mind you ) ... and were told that castle gary is the nearest station to the festival and pilton, and that the shuttle service would run from there.

Is the station in shepton mallet called castle gary?

No, there's no train station in Shepton Mallet. As you say, Castle Cary is the closest train station to the site, but it's further away than Shepton Mallet is.

The easiest way to get to the festival site is actually from Bristol; there's a direct bus from the bus station there to the entrance. This is the way I always went before last year, when tickets would be posted to you regardless of where you were. This was why making non-UK people have to go to Shepton Mallet first was such a huge pain in the hole last year.

My experience is basically that unless you're able to go directly from Bristol to the site, you can't rely on the festival organisers to sort out your transportation. Basically, you're on your own.

colly said:
How'd you pay for your tickets last year actually?

The only way non-UK people were allowed to pay last year was via credit card. Maybe they'll change this this year, but I doubt it.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back