• Replies 10
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 0

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
Oh dear, my job's in jeopardy. My boss has already been cut down to a 4 day week, and if there's no new contracts in within a week (looks unlikely), bye bye employment

So, em, any of you IT heads know of anything going for a programmer with 5 and a half years of mixed-bag experience?

Can you clean?

Man my house is some state let's say a score an evening. And me office is always looking for a cleaner too. You could have a fleet of lurries by the end of the week. Just think.......

egg_ (01 Nov, 2001 04:35 p.m.):
Oh dear, my job's in jeopardy. My boss has already been cut down to a 4 day week, and if there's no new contracts in within a week (looks unlikely), bye bye employment

So, em, any of you IT heads know of anything going for a programmer with 5 and a half years of mixed-bag experience?

Crikey!!!

is it that bad down the factory??

Pantone247 (01 Nov, 2001 04:54 p.m.):
is it that bad down the factory??

Yep
Ah it's not so bad - it'll be kinda romantic to have to live on my wits again for a while.
On an alternative career type buzz, anyone have any idea where you'd get one of those bicycles where you turn the handlebars one way and the front wheel turns the other way? Anyone even know what they're called so I can get one off the internet with my last month's pay?

You could always go on the game....a handsome young fella like should be able to fetch a princely sum for leisurely services

at the risk of sounding like your mum, you're about to be laid off and you want to buy a broken bike with your money. ha!

this'll amuse you too...

http://downloads.warprecords.com/morris/bushwhacked.mp3

oh wow. thumped - the site for the unemployed. and on the fame of thumped:

"*AHEM* well, you see...
I'm the Pete Brady of this board and because I'm UBER-USER, I get 5 boxes. The more posts you make, the more boxes you get, except people like me. Now, this isn't my rule, it's all in the programming, I just changed the pictures."

"Senator, you are no Pete Brady."

"I was just choosing an appropriate analogue for purposes of explanation."

"analogue schmanalogue"

"I don't think you quite understand who Pete Brady is."

"sure i do, he invented the printing press, right."

...all from another irish site bbs...

aye i have been unemployed for the past 2 months nearly and egg welcome to the world of watching sad daytime programmes like trisha..when u actually start top really care about the people on the show thats when u know u gotta get out, also nicklodeon plays basic non stop rugrats although i have a love hate relationship with that..anyhoo hopefully i have a job soon, i did get a knew job but im like the 5th on a long line of relief project workers in a homeless shelter, anyhoo does everyone ere work in computers or in an office or whatnot? just wondering

you'd better spill the beans on what site that was on - if not, retaliation will be swift and merciless:

i shall begin with a cruise missile attack on monkeybomb

after that, carpet bombing of cluas will commence

the sympathisers on boards.ie (to include the xfm and phantom boards) will not be spared.

culchikore is also to be targetted, as is kaboom

collateral damage, while unfortunate, is inevitable

you have been warned

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back