Giving up the MP3 Player (1 Viewer)

I don't have a radio or stereo in my apartment so it's just the ipod and a docking station. I don't think I could do without it - there is always some podcast or some album playing.

I have bought a couple of albums on iTunes but I am really leery of it. I don't like the idea of ending up with a pile of money spent on albums where I don't have the CD, I'm just not ready to go that much into the cloud with my music yet.

I never have it on shuffle though - on album at a time.

The shuffle feature is a good indicator of whether you really like a song or not. There are hundreds of songs I assumed I really liked, but always skip forward when they pop up on shuffle. I know there's a time and a place, but for some loved songs, there actually isn't!

Playlists are the best for continuity, but the surprise of a shuffle can be nice, especially when two ordinary enough songs, sound ace together. I tend to listen to a shuffle of my Highly Rated tracks

I reckon I'll last until tomorrow without it. Will be finished Cat's Cradle by then.

Sometimes it gives you a new appreciation of an album track more when you hear it out of the context of the album as a whole, but I still prefer album by album.

I hate the way the shuffle reminds me of how unfamiliar I am with an awful lot of the records I own (which ironically is probably as good a reason as any to use the shuffle more!)

discman rulez

Dude! No way! They looked so vulnerable and gripless. Like a giraffe or something.

I used to love my Sony Walkman back in day. Had one exactly like this.

sonywalkman.jpg

I had a walkman with 3 games on it, on a tiny 1 inch LCD screen. Deadly so it was.

Anyway, I don't miss it and am happy with my mp3 player where I generally listen to albums and never shuffle, ever.

ps. i'm brilliant.

Being on a bus without an mp3 player for an hour today, surrounded by a gaggle of teenage girls was a little more than taxing.
Though it was worth it to overhear one divulging that a girl they knew caught "Hersheys" from some yun flit

I lost my earphones in November and haven't replaced them so now I only use the iPod when driving and sometimes for a while in work.
I would normally only listen to a couple of hours of music a day anyway but I can't say it's greatly inconvenienced me, otherwise I would have bought a new set by now.
Very handy for a walk, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back