ging - Corpo, Oppenheimer, The French Letter A @ Boom Boom Room this friday (1 Viewer)

dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
spam alert

:::The Dudley Corporation

Howdy

Looks like we can make it official then! Pleased to say that The Corpo have just sorted out a publishing deal with Rough Trade!

Every once in a while, since I first started playing an instrument, I used to occassionaly fire off a bunch of emails or letters asking people with lots of money to spend it on us, and I've wallpapered a fair few houses with rejection letters since. A wee while ago I thought, what the hell, and fired off a friendly email to Rough Trade Publishing saying "there's no way you'll be interested but I may as well ask anyway" and then proceeded to blather on about the far more troubling demise of one of my favourite bands, Hot Snakes.

Probably an odd email for Rough Trade to get, but very surprisingly they got in touch saying "actually, ye lads are deadly, let's do something". I rang them up, spent about 30 seconds discussing details, then spent about an hour boring the poor lady's ear off blathering on about Rocket From The Crypt.

I know how to do some serious business, let me tell you....

Anyhow, we think it's great news, and they are a fantastic company with some amazing bands on their roster, so we're well pleased.

Album wise, we're polishing up the last bits and pieces and are aiming for a European release by the end of summer. US and Japan will follow some time after that. Incidentally In Love With... is just about to come out in Australia on Wireless Records.

If you check out the gig diary at http://www.thedudleycorporation.com/gig/2006.html you can read about the fairly ridiculous series of events that lead to the completion of the new record.

We'll do some UK and Ireland touring when it comes out, but for now, we gots the following for your entertainments....

08/06/06 The Hub, Dublin part of the Arthur Lee Benefit night (info here)

17/06/06 Cyprus Avenue, Cork

22/06/06 The Empire, Belfast w/Oppenheimer

23/06/06 The Boom Boom Room, Dublin w/Oppenheimer and The French Letter A

The Boom Boom Room gig is only our 2nd proper Dublin gig this year, and we're delighted that The Bearded Lady, formerly of Joan of Arse, has chosen to unveil his French Letter A with us.

Say ye'll come!

x
TDC

Re: ging

IMG_0030.jpg

a tip of the hat to you sirs.|..|

Re: ging

Igor said:
Deadly! watch out for attempts by pete docherty to steal you riders though...
They dropped him at the weekend I think, so the boys should be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back