Gigs you're embarrassed about (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter ron
  • Start date
  • Replies 79
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 3
one gig that was though, was this American guy that did "Heavy Metal Spoken-Word" in Boh's. That was excruciating. I actually though I was going mad from the agony of it.
Aahh he was funny if its the same gig I'm thinking off.....well it did drag on maybe, actually 10 mins was enough b4 it became the way you described.

I watched U2 a few times when they were starting off....most embarrassed about it, I even contemplated suicide.

Ah U2 are amazing,so profound.
I love that "stuck in a moment" "song" that they have about yer man that died from wanking.
If only they had released it when he was alive,he might have thought twice about cracking one off

Yeah, some of ye must have seen Deacon Blue, Def Leppard or Poison?

Thread could be renamed 'Shit music you owned when you were young'.

I saw Deacon Blue in about 1989. But a 15 year old me loved them back then. I don't/can't listen to them now, but I enjoyed 2 albums worth of them so they get mucho respect from me for that reason. They took themselves just a tad too seriously though. I think that was their downfall.

I watched U2 a few times when they were starting off....most embarrassed about it, I even contemplated suicide.

I was at the Gloria video shoot. Remember they were out on the canal barge. I was about 7, but have some memories of it. Most notably the amount of nackers that turned up to watch, and the air being a little on the tense side as a result. And it was cold as fuck.

Anyway, U2 were grand til 1986 so nothing to be embarrassed about til after that.

oh, and I won tickets to Chris DeBurgh in the RDS on Barry Lang's Hotline (answered a question that no one knew - 'what band did Rat Scabies drum for' - my older brother told me the answer).

That was 1987. The same year I saw A-ha there. A-ha seemed to get cool again though. No so Chris DeBurgh, but I do remember loving the gig at the time.

I should probably be embarrassed about Hall & Oats about four years ago, but I'm not. I was seated close to the front and clapped along. Yes, yes I did and it was brilliant.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i went to babybird at the illford island around the time of the whole chris evans backed 'you're georgous' thing. i only went cause i bird i was attempting to lob one up at the time, was going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back