Gig!!! (2 Viewers)

SeanR

Website
punk4it.proboards29.com
Hey everyone.

Just wanna ask is anyone gonna come to the Grainstore gig next month? I don't know the date yet but the bands playing are The Spungos, Kid Blunt, Langdon Beck, Verbal Discretion, Fiddlesticks and Soldiers Take Half.
it's on in an estate called The Park and is a total bitch to navigate your way around but there'll be loadsa people that'll be on their way there that you can just follow......but not too closely.

So is anyone gonna come along?

Yeah I'll probably come along as I wanna see Soldiers Take Half, Kid Blunt and Langdon Beck (as though I haven't seen them a million times already -yawn :) )
AND I'd like to hear all the PunkForIt bands.. so I can decide myself whether I like them or not.

But yeah, where is it?

The Grainstore Youth Arts Centre
Cabinteely House,
Cabinteely Park,
Cabinteely.

This is an initiative of local community and provides arts activities for young
people aged 10-25. Activities include dance, drama, music lessons, video production,
arts & crafts, etc. The Grainstore also houses a music rehearsal room with recording
studio.

i've lived in dublin my whole life and i don't know where cabinteely is. shit.

ugh..
now i know.
i even went to a party there once and go through there every time i go to bray or kilcoole.
idiot.

Nah, south of Foxrock, its a district itelf. Iue to ride me bike and go sledding there when it snowed when I lived in Deansgrange...

What are the details of the gig?

If anyone drops out can Scio-Bong play? We're aged 10-25! And we've even got a real record and all!

I'm not sure of the details yet cos Chris from The Spungos is organising it but he's in India at the moment but there may be one even sooner than that which the guys from For The Taking are organising and there'll only be a few bands at that one (For The Taking, The Spungos, Verbal Discretion and one more......) so yeah i'll ask them if you guys can play. Send me an e-mail to [email protected] so I can let you know asap.

As well as that gig, on the 24th (yes the same day as the Kilcoole gig) there'll be a gig in the Knox Hall in Monkstown with Verbal Discretion, Fiddlesticks and The Spungos (as well as some other bands i don't know who they are) but it starts at 6:30 so it won't clash too badly with the Kilcoole gig; The Spungos are even playing both gigs! So if ya'll are able, it'd be cool to see yis there. We're (Verbal Discretion) on at 9:55 and The Spungos are on right after us at around 10:45. Not sure when Fiddlesticks are playin but yeah, check it out if you can!

Thanks!!!

can my new rap-jazz-blues-metal-grindcore-fusion band play. we're all at least 10 years old and have 4 highly rated albums, one on fat wreck chords. you may have heard of us, we're called- Glenn Ponder and the rocking all star tribute band. we also have one slow emo song which we always end our set with. compared to no one, we are the most original thing you'll see since the back-hawk. we usually have about 12 members but two are in prison for 'arson' and for 'intentionally and maliciously causing grievous bodily harm to an officer because he called you a hippy' and one is currently on a life support machine, but we're hoping he'll pull through which reminds me, we're currently recruting a cello player, a double bass player and a cheerleader/screecher. have a think about it, your guaranteed to draw in a crowd either way.
Glenn Ponder

rape the drummer said:
can my new rap-jazz-blues-metal-grindcore-fusion band play. we're all at least 10 years old and have 4 highly rated albums, one on fat wreck chords. you may have heard of us, we're called- Glenn Ponder and the rocking all star tribute band. we also have one slow emo song which we always end our set with. compared to no one, we are the most original thing you'll see since the back-hawk. we usually have about 12 members but two are in prison for 'arson' and for 'intentionally and maliciously causing grievous bodily harm to an officer because he called you a hippy' and one is currently on a life support machine, but we're hoping he'll pull through which reminds me, we're currently recruting a cello player, a double bass player and a cheerleader/screecher. have a think about it, your guaranteed to draw in a crowd either way.
Glenn Ponder

Your band sounds fuckin class, can I join as cheerleader?

well you'll have to audition, surely you've seen the posters around, they're all over the country, so i won't bore you with the details. i'm pretty sure your a shoe-in for the position though...we've been watching you.

i should have added as well as a rap-jazz-blues-metal grindcore sound we also incorporate a sort of techno-funk-dancehouse into our sound, draws in a wider audience and as you all know we're in it for the cash

rape the drummer said:
well you'll have to audition, surely you've seen the posters around, they're all over the country, so i won't bore you with the details. i'm pretty sure your a shoe-in for the position though...we've been watching you.

i should have added as well as a rap-jazz-blues-metal grindcore sound we also incorporate a sort of techno-funk-dancehouse into our sound, draws in a wider audience and as you all know we're in it for the cash
Sweet, looking forward to it.

rape the drummer said:
techno-funk-dancehouse
do you also play Dancehall? everyone plays Dancehall these days, if you wanna make money play Dancehall and be sure to mention Dancehall in every interview you do at least twice per sentence.

mc moley said:
works dosent it? who could resist paying a fiver to see a topless kendo banging the pots? not me.

so are you gonna start paying in to yr own gigs now?

and anyway, i am a young sexually repressed woman, i have needs you know.

hi damo

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back