Gig Tonight (3 Viewers)

I imagine they are most likely young kids into death metal that want to shock people and have little concept of the gravity of what they are saying?

Am I right or wrong?

edit-I have no idea who these guys are just curious.

Yeah I dunno.

I think if people really cared as much as they say they would be in tower and hmv destroying Cannibal Corpse records and Guns and Roses records.

Thats not a dig at anyone in particular on this thread just a general observation.

thats just like saying people aren't allowed to ever believe in anything unless they take it to the most extreme level possible. really skewed logic.

they obviously said something fucking unbelievably stupid and offensive to many, and people on here have every right to hold negative feelings towards them because of it.

regardless what other bands have done i just think it's fuckin stupid to say shit like that

and also im not saying people shouldn't buy their records, go to their gigs and such and i don't advocate any sort of censorship.

i just thought they were a really shit band trying to be controversial

HOWEVER ONLY FUMES AND CORPSES WERE GREAT AND WELL DONE TO ALL ON PUTTING ON A GOOD DIY GIG:)

i take it all back. just listened to the band in question and i'm sure they need to say whatever they can to attract a fanbase. i apologise.

thats just like saying people aren't allowed to ever believe in anything unless they take it to the most extreme level possible. really skewed logic.

they obviously said something fucking unbelievably stupid and offensive to many, and people on here have every right to hold negative feelings towards them because of it.

No thats not what I'm implying at all,its people selectively taking offence is what I'm getting at.

Im not saying it wasnt a stupid thing to say,of course it was but any weight or legitimacy that the statement has, has been given to it by people who take what they said remotely seriously.

A Death Metal band said something mysogynistic....it's hardly the biggest surprise in the world.

Basically I can see this thread turning into one of those lynching threads where pictures of people in the band are posted up and everyone gets on a high horse about it for about twenty pages.

As somebody who is pretty smart Damo do you reckon it was said with actual venom or just naivety?

Like I said I wasn't at the gig and don't know the dudes I'm just playing devils advocate.

No thats not what I'm implying at all,its people selectively taking offence is what I'm getting at.

didn't really take offence because i immediately realised that they were morons, however the females i knew who were present seemed to think it was a pretty shitty/stupid thing to say

anyway yeah fuck em it was just a passing comment i was making about the gig and the real point is that ONLY FUMES AND CORPSES ROCKED IT.|..|

eh, maybe im missing the whole scene thing here!! but what is a punk for it band, as opposed to any other type of band!! do they carry pen knifes??
also when it comes to explaining what a band sounds like what happened to plain old, punk or metal or OI, now we have started using postmelodicprogressivehardcore!!?? anyone else gettin tired of that??

how in lucifers underpants would we have any idea what a band sounded like then? i know about 2 bands that could be logically described as punk, or metal. im all for bands disregarding genre ties.

also...
controversial question, as i dont know moshspacers, but are they the same crowd that swarm eamon dorans at te weekend? because death metal wold vomit in their general direction, and then burn upsidedown crosses onto them with their own hair straighteners:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back