Gig photos. (3 Viewers)

I think Janer meant the headstock of the guitar rather than the people.

Day one wasn't too bad, but now people have realised that there is no security and they can go wherever they like. So there are now generally more photographers on stage than musicians. There are people with kit lenses, that can't possibly take a picture in the conditions, walking all over the stage. Wierd..

It's from this

Everyone here seems to have brought a camera - there are more photographers than listeners.

For most of the day the sun is belting down on the stage so most of the time the camera decided to expose for the sky in the background :-(
Then at night most people had really slow lenses, and there is no barrier, so there were lots of people just shoving camera and flash into the performers face one handed - which i think is terribly rude, and annoying..

Hopefully I'll have a better success rate today!

That link is great I'm going to try to work my way through every band on the bill. I'm sure some are utter shit. Like Liars.

OK
One last one from this evening.

Andrew WK
set-72157623668938934
4452941255_d03657c991.jpg

I'm going to spend some time tidying up tomorrow so i'll probably break all these linkys.

Set phasers to stunning! Awesome pictures MN. Did you go to see The Wave Pictures, perchance?

yep, still the same high standard, btw that 2nd picture I said I liked I'd have cropped out the microphone to the left, the top left one and not the drum mic, you'd just about get away with it.

They are fucking deadly pictures Morm.really,in a league of their own.Kudos.

yep, still the same high standard, btw that 2nd picture I said I liked I'd have cropped out the microphone to the left, the top left one and not the drum mic, you'd just about get away with it.

Yeah I think I'll do that.

I'm actually really disappointed with that one - I was in a prime position and she was giving it loads - but it was very dark and I couldn't get the focus to lock. The ones I shot in MF ave much more dramatic and are composed much better but are all badly out of focus.

I also realised after the weekend how much of a handicap not being able to spot meter on the Digital Rebel is for gig photos. I think if I do decide to upgrade the camera it will be this more than the crop factor or the resolution that will push me to spend the money.

Just picked up the ole camera last year and got into it. I used an old Nikon slr.
Quality of images isn't great as they're scanned from prints.
I did a lot of messin about with double exposures, as you can see here.
In future, I'll get my prints on a disc as well.

The first is my friend's face as we sit on top of a big wheel/Adebisi.
Second one is merry-go-round/ASIWYFA.

Attachments

• p 004..jpg
    p 004..jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 69
I also realised after the weekend how much of a handicap not being able to spot meter on the Digital Rebel is for gig photos. I think if I do decide to upgrade the camera it will be this more than the crop factor or the resolution that will push me to spend the money.
Spot metering is the main metering mode I use by far.
The new 550D will have top of the range HD vid and many bells as a step up from ur 400D without the cost of a semi pro/pro Cam.
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/CanonEOS550D/
Or you could pick up the Cam it'll eventually replace the 500D at an even cheaper price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back