Gig in Kilcoole This sat Dec4th (8 Viewers)

did those people from the bus ever come back, does anyone know? the one with the white shirt and the crazy girlfriend who kept yelling that she was going to 'bate da fookin shite' out of some kid who she was blamin for throwing sweets around the bus...

stephenoblunt said:
How about no gigs?
is that the only alternative to searching bags?

how about siding with your peers over the venue owners and asking ppl to be sneaky with their cans? There will always be more venues.

Is it true that people weren't allowed "hang around" outside the hall?

Remind me, why exactly your collective takes its name from an indigenous mexican insurrectionary group?

Was it so you could organise gigs on someone elses terms?

brilliant, i dont really no where to go from here stephen... we have already lost a venue to those blastee underage maggots, now i dont no whether or not we shud remain 'cool' or risk having the scout den burned down.
look lads, the ppl putting on the gigs are more or less the venue owners. and for fear of AFA striking i did mention it to the professional security team to use their heads regarding drinkers round the back. fegan the 14 yo is under investigation (if he ever gets found) from the gstones pigs and that venue is lost due to those little bastards with the eye make up. it wud be wonderful if everyone was 'scene', or we cud choose our crowds, or if everyone was 'cool' and cared much for genuine alternatives to the bullshit, but we cant, and there is very little we can do.

and here, what collective and who took what name?

ed in mouth said:
we have already lost a venue to those blastee underage maggots, now i dont no whether or not we shud remain 'cool' or risk having the scout den burned down.
Explain the situation please?

it wud be wonderful if everyone was 'scene', or we cud choose our crowds, or if everyone was 'cool' and cared much for genuine alternatives to the bullshit, but we cant, and there is very little we can do.
That's a lazy excuse for not living up to your ideals ed.

and here, what collective and who took what name?
"Basta" - shortened from "ya basta" roughly meaning "enough is enough" the slogan of the zapatistas EZLN www.ezln.org

punkforit said:
Meh, if they don't understand that some things need to be done then fuck 'em all.

I've never had my bag searched by John Toxic or Damo etc. in the last four years, ever.

^^Weeler, that was posted by me; don't tar all of PFI with a dirty brush.

And to explain, maybe the situation hasn't arrisen with John Toxic or Damo that has called for such drastic measures. And it's not like they're goin through bags with a fine-tooth comb. They're checkin if the kids have cans.

I never said stephen was involved with basta, the gig was put on by basta though? No?

And to explain, maybe the situation hasn't arrisen with John Toxic or Damo that has called for such drastic measures. And it's not like they're goin through bags with a fine-tooth comb. They're checkin if the kids have cans.
What do you think I had in my bag that JT and Damo never checked for the past 4years. I'm not the only person who thinks this situation stinks, im just the mouthiest one from a roomful of people who were told all about what went on in Kilcoole the other night and none of us were impressed.

damo or john never checked your bags but the bouncers on the door have.

i think its time to realise that you get nowhere by being negative and picking at little ideological flaws within other peoples attempts at doing things. we all could sit here and type away at your short comings im sure. do things on your own terms if your not happy about the way we do them.

the kids got their cans back.....its not like they were drank in front of them or anything. the venue i used to do gigs in is now gone. which means no more regular touring bands (even though i was taking a little break) which in turn means less activity.
i havnt posted on this site in a while now but its hard not to get aggrivated and defend friends against picky whingers.
nobody else seems to have a problem with it. obviously it'd be a bit of a shit buzz. nobody is denying that but sometimes you have to cater to the wishes of the venues owners in order to do a gig.

plus i dont think its cool for drunk little 14 year olds to be passed out in a field. its not a good thing. this was aimed at preventing that kind of stuff which gets us and them in trouble. it wasn't aimed at stoping people from having a good time or anything.

kilcoole isnt town there isnt an abundance of places to put on gigs.
one venue down = one to go.
you do the math.

i dont mean to be an ass but think about it from our point of view.

say you or damo or anyone puts on a gig in town.
they do the door.....the bar stuff does their thing...people drink and have a good time. some pour cans and others buy it from the bar. at the end of the night damo gives the pub the money, the bar staff close up and everyone goes home.

if for some reason they find cans they might either put a bouncer on the door to check for cans, give ya a bit of a tounge lashing or kick yez outta the pub (obviously worse case scenario)

now if we do a gig
we go to either the scouts and convince them its for the good of the community (which we aim at making it) or we go to a 70 something year old layman for the church. and convince him that it'll be a small gathering with no drink etc etc.
we have to convince him all will go smooth and we are not devils.

no roll back the clock to halloween where they knocked in and got their car jumped on (which was funny but left people like me in charge to deal with) and later on arrested people (thats another debate though isnt it!)
then the next one all hell broke loose kids were drunk all over the place a fight broke out between aa stupid kid at the gig and the local youth. which resulted in him getting carried off by the pigs, and the venue lost. therefore one option left.

now the scout den people are the only option. if we cant convince them that we mean well that means there'll be no gigs. therefore if your band wants to play kilcoole, or any other band for that matter , in the next little while the gigs wont be drunken fests with kids gettin taken off by the cops, and people in view of everyone drinking cans.

then at the end of the day after we sweep up and take all the shit left behind and either bin or recycle it etc etc we go to the venue and pay them.

its quite a different scenario and i think its unfair to compare the two.

well, dara sed most of it but, the gstones pigs and we beleive the rich elitist contingent of the kilcoole community are trying to shut us down. after fegan fest II the other week, a cpl of kids were arrested and the gaff was thrashed. subsequent to this the seargent down in the station has sent the community guard about to investigate and is looking for fegans blood... or so it appears. u have seen the growing number of those 'goths' before u decided on yer 'last kilcoole gig ever'. this number has grown to the extent that fegan fest two was disgusting, apperantly. its just a growing bunch of kids that care not for the music, let alone the community. ontop of this i had promised that there wud be zero drink before all that bullshit, so as to maintain the use of the scout den.
ok, cheers for assuming what my ideals may be (i dont remember ever touching on asking ppl to leave cans at the door, and my ideals are actually more akin to promoting booze free events)... i never tried to excuse anything. i honestly dont see what the problem with asking kids to leave their drink at the door is. basta had nothing to do with this gig and isnt "an indigenous mexican insurrectionary group". u think thats petty, look in the fukin mirror! what the fuck is the craic with :"a roomful of people who were told all about what went on in Kilcoole the other night and none of us were impressed". i wud have thought... ugh, it just portrays.... WHAT FUKING AGE ARE YOU?
"I've never had my bag searched by John Toxic or Damo etc. in the last four years, ever." yet another clear display of not understanding the situation. toxic and damos gigs are: in town
in pubs
arent typically full of drunken teenage arseholes hu beat ppl up and spray fire hydrants all over the gaff...
dont have pigs making a point of coming round and finding out the names of the organisers
but now, i suppose u do know...
and besides there have been a number of venues lost to ppl bringing in their own cans...
like i sed, dara sed it all really, but, i dont no, i cant get over: "what went on in Kilcoole the other night and none of us were impressed"
like we give a fucking shit

Dylan said:
here what the heck phil?
i pointed out that the post mentioning names should maybe be deleted, phil did so, amending my post at the same time. obviously i would never say something like 'bad form old boy'. absorption and regurgitation of such britticisms supports cultural imperialism at its sickest extreme. revenge for skibbereen.

nooly said:
i pointed out that the post mentioning names should maybe be deleted, phil did so, amending my post at the same time. obviously i would never say something like 'bad form old boy'. absorption and regurgitation of such britticisms supports cultural imperialism at its sickest extreme. revenge for skibbereen.
Sorry, that was my fault, I made it up thinkin people would think it was a joke but on hindsight (beautiful, beautiful yoke) it could easily have happened!

Diln, calm down there. Philius meant well!

ed in mouth said:
u have seen the growing number of those 'goths' before u decided on yer 'last kilcoole gig ever'. this number has grown to the extent that fegan fest two was disgusting, apperantly. its just a growing bunch of kids that care not for the music, let alone the community.
this is true, awful amount of arseholes dressed as ugly eyelinered fairies at the halloween gig. well not really dressed up, just ugly and eyelinered with a pair of nylon wings on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back