Ghost Mice - Ireland (1 Viewer)

spuded

Website
www.geocities.com
Has anybody heard this song? Was looking for old irish punk on soulseek and this came up in my searches for some strange reason, the song is 6 minutes of pure irritation with the amazing chorus of

"Don't ever let them tell you that it rains in ireland,
when they tell you that, you can be sure they've never been
The sun is always shining and the hills are always green
People always smiling and offering you drinks"

fucking stupid

Has anybody heard this song? Was looking for old irish punk on soulseek and this came up in my searches for some strange reason, the song is 6 minutes of pure irritation with the amazing chorus of

"Don't ever let them tell you that it rains in ireland,
when they tell you that, you can be sure they've never been
The sun is always shining and the hills are always green
People always smiling and offering you drinks"

fucking stupid

I'm all on for givin' 'em a kickin':p:p:p

I took the measure of shouting something along the lines of "Shut up hippies" in the window of 24 at them when they played next door to our old gaff. People gave out to me for doing it.
Today, I feel completely justified in my actions.

Full lyrics anyone?

this isn't as bad as the 'up the punx' lyrics.
thankfully i was a cock to yr one when they played the warehouse a few years back...phhhew.
ireland is overpriced,has terrible weather and is full of paedophiles.
ghost mice should get in training for the special olympics and stop writing shitty songs,it might be the only thing they'll ever be good at.

i went to a plan it x fest when i was in vermont three or so years back, it was the strangest and one of the most annoying days of my life. First of all it was a no booze affair, the reason for this being that it was an a weird church hall and staff on the door were church staff who were checking people for being pished, its amazing that this supposedly highly politcial, highly pro-change group of individuals thought that accepting a fucking situation when even a legal age adult who had drank some booze earlier would be refused entry was allowed. Probably cause most people at it were fucking saps and would rather talk about doing pot lucks or cycling fucking bikes. Anyway I had a hip flask and left throughout the day to knock some cheap whiskey into me with this girl who seemed to spot I had booze from a mile away. We both ended up getting pished (not out of control pissed but pretty happy) and she was refused entry, as was I until my friend who was the organiser came out and said I was working at the fest.

As for the bands, there was about 2 decent ones, the other ten were irritating beyong belief and in my drunken state I looked around and I felt like I was at the fucking cub scouts disco. All these people standing around singing bout how excellent your life can be if you just drop out like them and how great life is when you live in a fucking punk rock ghetto. By the end of the day I was trying to think what was the thing that was really missing here, and i realised it was 'anger'. All the anger and in-your fucking-faceness that had first drawn me to punk rock was fucking dead here. All I wanted by the end of the night was to see some pissed d-beat band play as loud as possible to a load pissheads. I left for new york the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back