GGI warm-up gig - Fri 25th Sep - Glasgow (1 Viewer)

Kierkegaard

Just an early heads up for any travelling punks to say that there'll be a GGI warm-up gig on Friday 25th September @ the 13th Note in Glasgow. Realistic Train will be headlining, so Kenn assures me. The rest of the line-up will be equally rocking also.

ggiflyernew.jpg

Realistic Train
A riff-fuelled Dublin rock machine rolling down the tracks inside your mind. As for all good heavy bands, it seems that Realistic Train are Sabbath studies alumni with first class honours; so it's all the better that they feature members of some of Ireland's best punk bands (Easpa Measa, Puget Sound etc) as well!
http://www.myspace.com/realistictrain

Vakunoht
Atom-smashing cosmic rock from a parallel Glasgow. Having seemed to drop off the radar a while back, Vakunoht are back in orbit and visiting us earthlings to show us what happens when Hawkwind's influence goes inter-galactic.
http://www.myspace.com/vakunoht

Sufferinfuck
A new(ish) band of oldish faces, Sufferinfuck are definitely one of the tighter debutantes I've seen for a while. It helps too that they play bone-crushingly heavy music that goes from snail-paced to lighting-quick in an instant, with one foot in the metal camp and the brains firmly in hardcore punk. For fans of Grief, Doom, early Bolt Thrower, Irong Lung etc.
http://www.myspace.com/sufferinfuck

+ 1 more TBC (perhaps)

Friday 25th September
13th Note Cafe (50-60 King St)
Doors 8.30pm £5

So I just got an e-mail from Owensie saying Realistic Train can't make it. Major bummer. However, punks in town still have two choices for the night:

That Fucking Tank, VOM, Nackt Insecten + Friends, Ultimate Thrush
Animals and War, 
Hey Enemy @ The Studio Warehouse, 7pm £6

Dogsflesh, Ceasefire, Defiant Pose, Semtex @ Halt Bar, 8pm £FREE

Theres a good few on the 810 plane over friday mornign so the warm up session will be starting in the airport bar circa 630 ish and in Weatherspoons for 99 p pints and veggie breakfasts around 10 ish friday morning- its near the venue.

you can still book to go over on this flight and back monday evening for 25 euro inc taxes with ryanair. Its not too late etc!

Theres a good few on the 810 plane over friday mornign so the warm up session will be starting in the airport bar circa 630 ish and in Weatherspoons for 99 p pints and veggie breakfasts around 10 ish friday morning- its near the venue.

you can still book to go over on this flight and back monday evening for 25 euro inc taxes with ryanair. Its not too late etc!

I wish I was on that Friday flight.Say it'll be a right laugh!

just checked - still cheap

Fri, 25 Sep 09
FlightFR 772
Free Online Check in
Depart:
Dublin 08:00
Arrive:
Glasgow (Prestwick) 08:50
1xAdult15.00EURFare: 15.00EUROnline Check-In: 0.00EURTaxes / Fees: 0.00EURTotal Price: 15.00EUR

back sunday 13.45 is also just 15 or monday 11.05 is only 9.99

maybe other days are dearer or shannon ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back