Gary Numan (1 Viewer)

Slightly off topic but I heard some young fellas in Xtravision last night playing a track called Guard's to the tune of Gary Numans Cars on their mobile phone.
Sounded pretty funny from the wee bit I overheard.
Anyway back on topic, enjoy the gig tonight folks. :)

Legend. sorry I missed this.
first 7"'s I bought when I was kid,
Gary Newman - Cars
Kraftwerk - Pocket Calculator
Juice Newton - Playing With the Queen of Hearts.
Wharehouse Records, Yorba Linda, CA. 1980?

Interesting show. Very entertaining but I'm not sure if I was interested in the stage or the audience more. Very weird vibe. I have nothing to compare it to but he sounded pretty damn good to me. I hope if I make it to that age, I look half has good.

I often wonder though with older acts... does he walk off stage and say,"Fuckin' hell, I'm an ass." Or does he really love it? It was hard to tell for me. I would almost guess the former rather than the latter. I couldn't help but to think of the guitarist in a row with his (if he has one) 14 year old daughter about where his eyeliner was because he had to leave for the tour. Maybe because he had this look on his face the whole time that seemed to be looking for some kind of acceptance and comfort. "This is still cool, right?" I wanted to tell him, "yes you still rock."

I did however learn that a Gary Numan song saved the guy's life behind me. He almost got the librarian "shussh" and then a swift kick to the shins. Thankfully he finally took his conversation elsewhere. Dude, if you post here...if it's your favorite song and he is a legend, WHY THE HELL DON"T YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LISTEN TO IT INSTEAD OF TALKING? Okay, end of my gig rage.

Interesting show. Very entertaining but I'm not sure if I was interested in the stage or the audience more. Very weird vibe. I have nothing to compare it to but he sounded pretty damn good to me. I hope if I make it to that age, I look half has good.

I often wonder though with older acts... does he walk off stage and say,"Fuckin' hell, I'm an ass." Or does he really love it? It was hard to tell for me. I would almost guess the former rather than the latter. I couldn't help but to think of the guitarist in a row with his (if he has one) 14 year old daughter about where his eyeliner was because he had to leave for the tour. Maybe because he had this look on his face the whole time that seemed to be looking for some kind of acceptance and comfort. "This is still cool, right?" I wanted to tell him, "yes you still rock."

I did however learn that a Gary Numan song saved the guy's life behind me. He almost got the librarian "shussh" and then a swift kick to the shins. Thankfully he finally took his conversation elsewhere. Dude, if you post here...if it's your favorite song and he is a legend, WHY THE HELL DON"T YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LISTEN TO IT INSTEAD OF TALKING? Okay, end of my gig rage.

That gig was really good fun. The highlight for me was watching old people playing air synth. .|..|

I found that fairly awful. I don't know the album so that was probably part of the problem but most songs sound like one or more others. There was very little tempo or texture change across the set. It was like being in a giant Fibbers but not in a good way. There was something a bit pantomimey about it but also a bit soulless. But I'm not a fan, I was talking to some auld lad at the bar who was enjoying the gig immensely, he said "he's better than David Bowie."

There was something a bit pantomimey about it but also a bit soulless.

That pretty much describes the strange vibe I was getting from the stage too but the audience is what made the gig so enjoyable. I know the album and was never a huge fan and am only now slowing embracing synthesizers again after a long hatred of them. I found the gig very entertaining, taking it for what it was. I wasn't expecting much and had a free ticket.

There is something special about being a huge room of people seeing an act years after their height of fame though. Almost as if the years have disappeared. Obviously I never saw Numan in his hay day but I almost felt I did last night because of the crowd. There is a kind of spirit people connect with when hearing the music they loved when they first really got into music. It's almost child like joy and for me that's very precious. It's not something many have in adulthood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back