Future of a Dead scene (2 Viewers)

culchie punk scene

there never was one. a bunch of boggers going round in i shot jr t-shirts from places like dunshaughlin. bohs punx....Navan me bollix. I heard the curragha punx used to knock yer bollix in. yiz didn't even have a chipper in that bog village so how can you even imagine a punk scene. can of cider in a ditch when you're ma wasn't looking is about as punk as it got for you lot.

people move to places for diferrent things not all of us follow the scene.what ever that is anyway. funny i wanted to be murt to, ive got the belly now if i can get that beard and belly slaping while i sing thing going ...fuck all the jackines especally the ones who move to the bog when their kids and pretend to be good tractor punks but when are out numbered by jackines remember where they were born and stab ya in back fuck ye cunts get off the fence .and boggers who think just coz they live in the big smoke now their dubs ye fucking traitors,if ya aint got the nerves to stand by your roots maybe its time you hung up your boots..

culchie punk turncoats

but when they used to be in bands they all used to sing with cockney accents. but i'm outa touch so i dunno.
what about one of the bands from down the country doing a version of farmyard boogies.
oi drinks it all the dayeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
ooooaaaargh!!!!!!!!
take it you never made it to the damned mate

dublin punks

heres a tasle of dublin punks from the net, you wouldnt find culchie punks throwing bottles from their tractors now would ya? alleyways and lanes should be banned, worse than that ecstacy stuff.

Exhibitions

Previous Exhibitions | Current Exhibitions | Future Exhibitions

Thuillier
A Retrospective Exhibition, 1964 - 1997

Harry Thuillier Jr. had his first exhibition in the Gallery of Photography in 1986. It is fitting that this retrospective of his work, running from June 14th to July 1st should be held here.

Only 33 when he died suddenly in Milan in 1997, Harry left a darkly beautiful collection of work. Using, in many instances, the techniques of Victorian era, his prints, often melancholy, sometimes macabre, are imbued with a deep sense of grace.

When studying at the Memphis Academy of Arts for a BA in Photography Harry's Director of Studies Murray Riss noted that his most promising student had an "old-time" attitude to learning - "he wanted to evolve rather than become adept at earning a better living".

This perhaps sums up the career of Harry Thuillier, who travelled widely, opening himself fully to life and experience. This early commitment to his own artistic evolution gave Harry Thuillier's career an integrity of vision unusual in such young talent but it could be a difficult journey. In 1990 he suffered an attack off Grafton Street in Dublin that nearly cost him his eyesight. Taking photos of punks as they drank in an alleyway he was struck with a broken bottle in the face. Despite an eight-hour operation, he lost most of the vision in his right eye, leaving him reliant on his left.

dirty ape whats all this we bussiness PALE face.we this we that stop the generalisations.not everyone moves to the pale looking for this scene your talking about,some people do have connections to the people working diy out side dublin.lots of bands not from dublin played in dublin this year others were offered but for different reasons couldnt play ,some people try to build bonds not break them.and who the fuck says said they want to be niall mc,and even if some body did big swing it could be worse it they could want to be some miserable bastard who spend their energy been fucking negative instead of doing something positive...and knocking people who do.some people put the same effort in to a gig for a band from ballyfuckarse as they do for bands from sweeden... uk ,yankkk land etc..dublin/belfast arse licking ????? and collectives are bad now ?people working together helping one another is bad now?
what are you doing to fix these prblems you claim we have?
actions speak louder than stupid gereralisations .

Ballyfuckarse was the name for your ma's jacks, god bless her soul. I'll never forget the look on her face when I slipped it in before she even had the chance to wipe.

Punk may be about unity in 'zineland', but here its about drinkin and slaggin. That's the way we like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back