friendster! worse than eirecore? (1 Viewer)

no_exit

Website
www.livejournal.com
has anyone here joined this yet, or am i the only real dork on this message board? maybe it's just an american thing... but the plus side is that i've found a lot of ex-boyfriends, arch nemeses, ex punk girls, etc... worst time-waster/procrastination tool ever, but so hard to resist joining..

I wish we had something like that here. Then I could track down everyone I went to school with and kill them all, after making love to their mothers in front of them. They're just a hammer and a badly lit alley away from certain death (apart from their mothers, whom I would treat very well). I could also meet up with some ex-girlfriends to get my CDs, T-Shirts and dignity back.

Speaking of ex-punk girls, I'd also like to kill Antonia Campbell Hughes. For all you kids who aren't as punk as me and weren't around during the Chinaman era, she was once known as Toni and was the singer in HoloChrist. Now she's an internationally reknowned fashion designer who looks like she's on smack. Her clothes cost a fair bit more than those combats your ma bought you. HoloChrist's guitarist John is in the Jimmy Cake, their drummer's name has escaped my mind (Was it Coleman?) but their bassist Lenny was last seen with a very beautiful girl. Only he has an excuse for not being around.

no_exit said:
has anyone here joined this yet, or am i the only real dork on this message board? maybe it's just an american thing... but the plus side is that i've found a lot of ex-boyfriends, arch nemeses, ex punk girls, etc... worst time-waster/procrastination tool ever, but so hard to resist joining..
I have to admit to being equally dorky. I'm on friendster all the damn time. I've tracked down and been tracked down by long lost pals and all that, but it is also addictive as hell for no apparent reason. If you just joined, don't worry, the addiction wears off slightly after a few months.

the strange guy said:
I wish we had something like that here. Then I could track down everyone I went to school with and kill them all, after making love to their mothers in front of them. They're just a hammer and a badly lit alley away from certain death (apart from their mothers, whom I would treat very well). I could also meet up with some ex-girlfriends to get my CDs, T-Shirts and dignity back.

Speaking of ex-punk girls, I'd also like to kill Antonia Campbell Hughes. For all you kids who aren't as punk as me and weren't around during the Chinaman era, she was once known as Toni and was the singer in HoloChrist. Now she's an internationally reknowned fashion designer who looks like she's on smack. Her clothes cost a fair bit more than those combats your ma bought you. HoloChrist's guitarist John is in the Jimmy Cake, their drummer's name has escaped my mind (Was it Coleman?) but their bassist Lenny was last seen with a very beautiful girl. Only he has an excuse for not being around.
http://www.antoniacampbellhughes.com/

jaysus

i heard funny stories about anto-camp-hug from them days, then i saw her in the paper with all her €500-a-shirt gear and we all laughed.
i got a top for €20 last year in oxfam and it turned out to be one of hers.

yeah, what's with ex punk girls and becoming fashionistas on coke? there's this one girl on friendster who is both an ex punk girl/arch nemesis of mine from when i was 14... probably one of the most well known girls on the ny scene, she's now a hipster/friendster/fashion slut on coke who looks more like one of the hairdressers from toni&guy than the hardcore punk girl who once threatened to beat me up at a ska show!
.. she is really hot though, i'll atleast give her that.

treelo said:
i heard funny stories about anto-camp-hug from them days, then i saw her in the paper with all her €500-a-shirt gear and we all laughed.
i got a top for €20 last year in oxfam and it turned out to be one of hers.
You must be joking. You weren't around then. You weren't even around last year.

the strange guy said:
HoloChrist's guitarist John is in the Jimmy Cake, their drummer's name has escaped my mind (Was it Coleman?) but their bassist Lenny was last seen with a very beautiful girl. Only he has an excuse for not being around.
John Dermody played drums and is in The Jimmy Cake. Lenny works in Jameson distillery apparently after studying biology. Jim Cummins, remember him? He's married to me mates cousint now since a while, like.

During my lunch break I took the liberty of analysing this brilliant piece of punk nonsense a bit more in-depth.
It is classic! A forum for boys and girls suffering from social deficit.
JANE spends her time on a internet site called ‘friendster’ , tracking down long lost pals.
THE STRANGE GUY lost all his school friends. He’s very single, and recently on his way home, he saw bassist Lenny with a beautiful girl.*
NO_EXIT still gets turned on by that girl he calls a fashion slut on coke. ‘’ She is really hot though’’, he summarizes.
J.W. knows he’s a nobody, but his mate’s cousin is married to Jim Cummins. (We all remember him ?) ‘’He’s married to me mates cousin now since a while, like’’, he goes.
It is extremely entertaining, but sad in many ways
In regards your feelings towards 'punk sell out' Antionia Campbell Hughes:
The whole Cross-cultural Cross-Gender issue is an Interesting social theme.
(sex differences and sexual jealousy)
The strange path of social and moral emotions of the male individual and even more interesting their motives of regulating feelings such as hostility, indignation, envy and jealousy. (It is classic!)
In some psychologists bring it back to the basics (penis and vagina).
It is very funny !
Collective sellection and Forced Peer group ethics.
Kind Regards,
Jan

needtokill said:
and posting under the name Me_Myself no doubt.
Sorry, Jamie, but it's not me. If I were to show up with a 'thumped' alter ego, I'd use a sillier alias and make far less ambivalent remarks about 'Jane'.

And if Friendster is reflective of social deficit, what is signing up to Thumped just to point that out....?

Hm? Hm?

So what if I'm socially deficient? Like I'll deny it?

jane said:
Sorry, Jamie, but it's not me. If I were to show up with a 'thumped' alter ego, I'd use a sillier alias and make far less ambivalent remarks about 'Jane'.

And if Friendster is reflective of social deficit, what is signing up to Thumped just to point that out....?

Hm? Hm?

So what if I'm socially deficient? Like I'll deny it?
But all the evidence is there.The name "Jan"?The uniquely Ruffino-esque humour?The fact that there was apost from you about zines mere moments after this one...
hm?hmmm?
You don't fool me lady!I'm on to you!

needtokill said:
But all the evidence is there.The name "Jan"?The uniquely Ruffino-esque humour?The fact that there was apost from you about zines mere moments after this one...
hm?hmmm?
You don't fool me lady!I'm on to you!
See, I'd use a totally different name, like 'Franny' or something, if I were to post something like this. Other evidence that the Me_myself individual is not me:

1. I punctuate better and have impeccable grammar -- there are several errors in 'Jan's' post.
2. I use full paragraphs (except when making lists like this one), and my prose is far more fluid.
3. I use more oblique ways to pull the piss out of people.
4. Why would I resurrect a very old thread like that when I could just as easily (if not more easily) be denigrating to others on a current one?
5. Unless I am provoked, I don't indiscriminately make fun of people I don't know. There was no provocation for such comments, as far as I can tell.

I may not fool you, but if you feel foolish about your foolish accusations, it would not be foolish of you.

And speaking of zines, won't someone take these off my hands? I've got enough for myself, I don't want the spares.

jane said:
See, I'd use a totally different name, like 'Franny' or something, if I were to post something like this. Other evidence that the Me_myself individual is not me:

1. I punctuate better and have impeccable grammar -- there are several errors in 'Jan's' post.
2. I use full paragraphs (except when making lists like this one), and my prose is far more fluid.
3. I use more oblique ways to pull the piss out of people.
4. Why would I resurrect a very old thread like that when I could just as easily (if not more easily) be denigrating to others on a current one?
5. Unless I am provoked, I don't indiscriminately make fun of people I don't know. There was no provocation for such comments, as far as I can tell.

I may not fool you, but if you feel foolish about your foolish accusations, it would not be foolish of you.

And speaking of zines, won't someone take these off my hands? I've got enough for myself, I don't want the spares.
Fine.If you insist it wasn't you, it wasn't.But we all know that the only other person who it could possibly be then (besides Oly,obviously) is faded emo starlet
Fatty Mc Chubbins, of "too sad to cry" fame.
Ha.

needtokill said:
Fine.If you insist it wasn't you, it wasn't.But we all know that the only other person who it could possibly be then (besides Oly,obviously) is faded emo starlet
Fatty Mc Chubbins, of "too sad to cry" fame.
Ha.

Nope, nope, nope. I own the rights to Fatty, and it ain't him/her, either. Fatty, too, has perfect grammar. Haven't you read the lyrics to 'Smoking Rainbows'?

C'mon!

I am very sure you'r an OK girl (Jane)!
I tumbled into this thread by accident.
I have a bit of a grammar deficit. English is not my mother thong.
I am Korean Sudent at Trinity College.
My sincere apologies, for entering the punk scene.
Good luck to all of you.
Bye,
Jan

PS
I was more hoping to get in thouch with THE STRANGE GUY, NO-exit, and J.W. !

Me_myself said:
I am very sure you'r an OK girl (Jane)!
I tumbled into this thread by accident.
I have a bit of a grammar deficit. English is not my mother thong.
I am Korean Sudent at Trinity College.
My sincere apologies, for entering the punk scene.
Good luck to all of you.
Bye,
Jan

PS
I was more hoping to get in thouch with THE STRANGE GUY, NO-exit, and J.W. !
Ha ha, don't apologise. I was merely pointing out that the style and structure of your post were nothing like mine because Jamie wasn't going to back down on his accusations. No one is very serious on here. No need to run off.

At least you've gotten me off the hook (I hope). I figured someone must have come across it by accident, since that thread was pretty old and never had many posts to begin with.

I'm pretty sure I'm an ok girl, too, but sometimes I have my doubts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back