Fri Nov 7th Graham Day & The Gaolers (UK/USA) + SAVILLE (1 Viewer)

Primitive

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 7th
@ TRANSFORMER, CELLAR BAR @ THOMAS READ, DUBLIN
GRAHAM DAY & THE GAOLERS (UK/USA) + SAVILLE + DJ DANDELION
DOORS: 8.00pm
ADM: €16 (ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE DOOR)

Link to Thomas Read
http://www.oakbar.ie/content/trg/thomas/pages/fuction.htm
Phone: (+ 353) 1 6717283

Billy Childish cohort & cult garage rock artist "Graham Day" returns to Dublin with his band "The Gaolers" on Friday November 7th to play a very intimate show @ Transformer which takes place in the Cellar Bar in Thomas Read on Parliament Street, Dublin 2.

This is an extremely small venue & the capacity will be limited to 100 people only…. Unfortunately there won’t be any advance tickets on sale. Doors open at 8.00pm sharp.

Expect Graham & the Gaolers to be showcasing songs from their forthcoming album “Triple & Distilled” due out on October 28th on Damaged Goods.

Biog

Graham Day is a founder member of The Prisoners and The SolarFlares. He has also played drums with Billy Childish in Thee Mighty Caesars and Bass in The Buff Medways. He also appeared in the Gift Horses alongside Martin Blunt and Jon Brookes before they formed The Charlatans. He's joined in his latest incarnation Graham Day & The Gaolers by Dan Elektro and Buzz Hagstrom from legendary US garage band The Woggles.

The Prisoners are now lauded as the great pioneers of modern day garage, lauded in the NME as one of the most influential bands of the 80s and recently having their “Last Fourfathers” album described by Uncut as “one of the most important in British rock”. Everyone from Oasis’ Noel Gallagher to Radio One’s Steve Lamacq claim to love them, taking in Ian Brown and the Horrors along the way.

The Prisoners pre-empted the visceral energy of the Hives and the White Stripes and anticipated the baggy shuffle of the Charlatans and the Inspiral Carpets. Lead singer Graham Day's scorching Hendrix-influenced guitar riffs and organist James Taylor's (James Taylor Quartet) hypnotising Hammond whirls and irresistible go go rhythms. The Prisoners were such a solid unit - a bunch of fiercely independent anti-hipsters who exuded a dryly silly sense of humour - and owed as much to the Pretty Things and the Jimi Hendrix Experience, as the Small Faces, or Booker T. & The MGs.

"There were only two bands I listened to in the 80s - The Prisoners and New Order". Tim Burgess - The Charlatans

“I’ll always be glad I saw The Prisoners at their peak. In my mind they are one of the great bands, the ones that people should wish that they saw & most people I know who were there believe the same. Steve Lamac

I think he is probably one of the most exciting guitarist/lead vocalist I have ever seen on stage. Eddie Pillar - Acid Jazz

For more Info check http://www.damagedgoods.co.uk/

grahamday7thnov1hk0.jpg

Tomorrow night. Doors: 8.00pm

Uncut Review - Triple & Distilled – Damaged Goods - 4 stars ****
Billy Childish is evidently not the only man of Kent who tends the garage rock blooming in England's garden. Let off the leash, Graham Day, founder member of The Prisoners & Childish associate, has formed a terrific transatlantic partnership with Dan Electro (from Georgia's The Woggles).
These 13 lean, mean & combustible slices of irrefutable trash tackle timeless topics - self-assertion, chasing girls & drinking whisky. Crossing new sonic frontiers may not be a priority but with the result this invigorating, who really cares?

grahamdaythegaolerstripld6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back