Free Online Backup & Sharing (1 Viewer)

Goodbye

Forgive me if this has been asked before.

My iPhoto library is getting pretty big and I delete my SD cards every time I import in order to re-use them & am now getting pretty worried about having all my photo's in one place.

Is there such a thing as a free (or reasonably cheap) online storage for photo's in full raw format (i've gigs of stuff) that is easily accessible and most importantly private but with the ability to share like an online gallery (possibly password protected) with friends.

Its probably a tall order.

Any advice would be most welcome

Churs

Don't think they do the whole RAW thing...

Is Photobucket any use? 17 eurons a year is affordable.

Just want to find out any horror stories before hand before I start uploading gigs of files.

Must say I'm blown away by all the helpful advice I've received over here at the Photography forum.

They get lost, deteriorate etc... And with the amount of stuff I have to backup, online would be cheaper and easier to organize. Once the initial backup is done each incremental backup would be small.

And mobileme only offers 20gigs for a whopping 99 a year.

There MUST be photobucket users and their equivalent on this forum, why the tight lips people...

you'd get an external hard drive for about 50 quid that would be probably more than adequate for your storage needs. store it offsite.

Again, I'm looking for peoples opinions/experiences using ONLINE backup please.

My drive is Time Machined regularly enough.

have you looked into renting server space somewhere?? i was going to suggest dropbox but it falls a bit short of what you need. i've a flickr account that holds my stuff in full res but dont know where it stops 'putting out' in terms of file size. it has infinite storage for about 20 euro a year. i didnt bother saying before because fastfude did.

I've never heard of any online sites that are free and do raw uploads so I have no advice. I pay for flickr and upload full res jpegs, I wouldn't rely on them though or any other online site for that matte. It's dvds and two hard drives for real back ups.

I have no way of editing the thread title and have since realised that there is no free option for what I'm looking for.

Perhaps I should post on a forum that is more forthcoming in sharing information.

Pete, delete thread.

Photobucket is absolutely fine for storage, it will store the full original file and although not as fast/aesthetically pleasing as flickr, its fine for the purposes you seem to want to use it for I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back