Free gigs - HALFSET-The202s-Infomatics-8 BALL- Cap Pas Cap (1 Viewer)

Deaglan

Website
www.goodluckski.com
FREE & EASY IN ASSOCIATION WITH HEINEKEN MUSIC

Help four of Ireland’s top upcoming acts warm up for their slots at Electric Picnic, with these free shows at Crawdaddy.

HALFSETWednesday August 26th
Support: The 202s, Holy Roman Army. Doors: 8pm

THE INFOMATICS Friday August 28th
Support: The Bionic Rats, MC Ophelia & DJ Moschops, Cullo & Yound Dub. Doors: 11:30pm ‘til late

8 BALL Saturday August 29th
Support: tba. Doors: 8pm

CAP PAS CAP Wednesday September 2nd

Support: Wounds. Doors: 8pm

HALFSET:
Winners of last year’s Irish Independent Irish album of the year, and Choice Music Prize nominees for 2009, post rock foursome Halfset provide welcome midweek relief at Crawdaddy, with support from tipped electronic duo The 202s & Holy Roman Army.

The inimitable Halfset combine sublime electronics with a truly impressive array of live instruments, including vocals, glockenspiel, harp, trumpet, live drums, Rhodes, and analog synths. Their award-winning 2008 album “Another Way of Being There” is a masterpiece in sublime atmospheric instrumentals, with sonic layers exquisitely spun over perfect electronic frameworks.

An album full to the brim with graceful, beautifully realized notes and airs. Such off-kilter explorations strike gold again and again”. IRISH TIMES

INFOMATICS:
Recent winners of RTE’s The Raw Sessions Artist of The Year, hip-hop/electronica quintet The Infomatics head up an outstanding urban line-up next Friday 28th August at Crawdaddy, with support from the superb Bionic Rats, MC Ophelia, DJ Moschops and more.

The Infomatics are Dublin’s vanguards of quality and accomplished Irish hip-hop, seamlessly blending rap, electronics, soul, and jazz for a remarkable sonic output that has seen the group rise to share the stage with the likes of NAS, Ice Cube, Saul Williams, and Lupe Fiasco.

Their 2008 debut album “Kill or Create” pulses with the addictive beats and ingeniously real rhymes that mark The Infomatics as a genuine first rate outfit in the genre. The band’s brilliantly energetic live show now consists of additional brass and backing singers for a Crawdaddy-busting 9-person line-up.

8 BALL:
Meteor Award nominated Dublin outfit 8 Ball warm up for Electric Picnic with one of their famously energetic genre-defying multi-instrumental live shows at Crawdaddy. After a brief musical hiatus, the experimental seven-piece return to the limelight, with select live performances this summer, and the autumn release of the band’s second studio album “With All Your Friends”, produced by Ian Caple of Tricky, Tindersticks etc fame.
“ 8 ball really are the sort of band you have to hear to understand. If you really want to ram them into a category, you'd have to stretch the definitions of folk, indie, jazz, hip-hop and electronica.” IRISH TIMES

CAP PAS CAP:
One of the most innovative Irish groups to emerge in recent years, Dublin quartet Cap Pas Cap seem unable to shake the anticipatory buzz that’s continually surrounded the band since their inception in the mid 00s.

Their hyperactive pop of pounding drums, drones, and synths has knocked critics and public dead, from their stunning 2006 debut EP “Not Not Is Fine”, to their latest EP, “We Are Men”, released late last year.

"Edgy, daring and sparky, Dublin band Cap Pas Cap play a hugely alluring post-everything game. There has only been a handful of releases to date, but each one has seen them pulling new shapes from the bag.” IRISH TIMES “Top 50 Irish Bands right now” article.

I went up after work to see if I could catch the end of this and there was a massive queue of young teenagers and a bouncer walking up and down shouting "IDs at the ready". I guess the wednesday night club is to be avoided in Crawdaddy.

Highly enjoyed the gig - big crowd.

I was wondering what that massive queue of young ones was all about myself.

I was waiting for my mate to come out and started to feel a bit pervy so i left.

For how many years have Cap Pas Cap being an up and coming band?

Not Not is Fine ep is a stone cold classic. but wasn't that 2006 or summit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back