Free downloads from Gavin Prior & United Bible Studies (1 Viewer)

desertedvillage

Website
www.desertedvillage.com
[h=1]Hello, We've got two free downloads for you this time but be quick for the UBS release will be free for a week and the deleted so share it while you can. We now have a Deserted Village Facebook page but given the way Facebook is going these days you might find connecting with our Twitter to be more reliable. Enjoy this music and we'll be back soon with old-fashioned physical releases.

1153656941-1.jpg
[/h][h=1]Gavin Prior: Babbleon Cork[/h] [h=4]“Babbleon Cork” is the result of my residency in the Guesthouse in May 2010. I’ve created an audio collage in three parts composed solely of sounds recorded during my time in Cork.....The result is a short album which captures the energy of the city mixing layers of abstracted sounds and the fluent, irreverent utterances of the Corkonians themselves. I’ve released this project as a free download under a creative commons licence leaving it open for sampling and remixing. - Gavin Prior, November 2012.

829302799-1.jpg
[/h][h=4]United Bible Studies: Live at the Colchester Arts Centre

'Cathartic, mesmerising, incredible. These were words that got passed around immediately after last night’s gig.....The night culminated in the carefully controlled United Bible Studies, who skirted the knife edge of improv with a control that belied the size of the group. Possibly because core member David Colohan wasn’t present, there seemed to be a real traditional Irish Folk cast to the songs, with Alison O’Donnell delivering plaintive ballads and animalistic screeches. As band members seemingly took it in turns to lead the songs, there was a palpable sense of these performances being organic, one-off moments. Some of the most powerful moments came when Michael Tanner’s guitar drones washed over everything. Gathering the other instruments together and transforming the delicate trickle of Aine O’Dwyer’s harp melodies into a crashing waterfall of sound that threatened to overwhelm at any moment..... Indeed, the disparate ages and backgrounds of the performers married experience and technical ability with a youthful playfulness and experimentation that I’ve rarely seen. An essential gig.' Read the full review here.[/h][h=4][/h][h=1]
[/h]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back