Fovea Hex release solstice single (1 Viewer)

billican

Website
www.radical-astrology.com
Fovea Hex have released a single to coincide with the winter solstice. Hail Hope! is available on the group's bandcamp page.

The first 200 downloads are for free.

It comprises two tracks, Carol X X I : X I I : X and Lullaby X X I : X I I : X, both of which maintain the remarkably high standard of work set on the Neither Speak Nor Remain Silent trilogy.

A new album is due out early 2011.

For those unfamiliar with Fovea Hex, it is the current project of Irish musician, composer and songwriter Clodagh Simonds (Mellow Candle, Mike Oldfield, etc.). While she sits very much at the heart of Fovea Hex, the list of contributors to the project is striking and includes Brian Eno, Robert Fripp, Roger Eno, Roger Doyle, Percy Jones, Donal Lunny, Carter Burwell (who composes the soundtracks for the Cohen Brothers movies), Steve Wilson, among others.

Fovea Hex live shows (which so far have been few and far between, and mainly in continental Europe) have involved a core group of individuals - Clodagh Simonds, Cora Venus Lunny, Laura Sheeran, Michael Begg and Colin Potter (Current 93), along with a 'rotating' cellist - Kate Ellis (Crash Ensemble, Yurodny), Julia Kent (Antony and the Johnsons) or John Contreras (Current 93, Baby Dee). They played a set at the Electric Picnic a couple of years ago, which to date has been their only Irish performance. In May 2007, Fovea Hex performed at the invitation of US film director David Lynch at the Fondation Cartier in Paris, as part of his 'The Air Is On Fire' retrospective exhibition of art and photography.

It is somewhat of a mystery that Fovea Hex's music is not more widely known, especially here in Ireland. It may have to do with the fact that Clodagh Simonds is a fairly reclusive figure, and the absence of performances doesn't help. On their bandcamp page, the music is tagged as "ambient, deep song, experimental". If these overlap with your tastes, take a listen - you won't be disappointed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back