Four Tet in Dublin ** Only a few tickets left ** (1 Viewer)

I dunno said:
Well that was unbearably shit. I didn't know that someone could butcher their own music that bad, but he surprised me greatly.
didnt see the show but saw him the village a while ago and at sonar.
he tends to trys to mash his stuff up live. so if you were expecting a copy of the album would be pissed off.

das funkinstein said:
he tends to trys to mash his stuff up live. so if you were expecting a copy of the album would be pissed off.

i wasnt expecting a copy of the albums by any means but i thought his show lacked cohesion and direction. songs would break down for no reason other than wanton button pressing on his part. there was parts of the show which i thought amounted to a beats equivalent of long drawn out overdone boring guitar feedback. so yeah a lot of it was wanky. some great moments aswell tho.

Kims Deal said:
I thought the gig was deadly. Fourtet was great especially 'Joy'. Would have liked more from Pause though. Kid Koala was super too i really enjoyed Moon River, that sent shivers down my spine...lovely stuff!:)

He always ends with that but he just seems to get better and better doing it.

Donkey OJ said:
yes.
Donkey OJ said:
some great moments
yes as well.

Fourtet = An Artist, can do whatever he wants on stage, cos it's his "art", including mashing up, long drawn out noise and glitch sections without any real reason or purpose, except to show that he can come back out of such a section into a bit that people will recognise. Chinstroker material for hyperactive electronic muso types (which i am, i'm not denying that).

Kid Koala = A Performer, can play the records that he/the audience likes and recognises, puts on a much more approachable and easily enjoyable show, and generally just has a whole load of fun on stage.

And he used visuals, even if it was just a video feed of him playing, but it was great to watch. Why the hell didn't 4tet use visuals? He's some really great videos for some of his tracks ("my angel", "she moves she", even the morris dancer video). and he's got a dvd out at the mo', so he's hardly stuck for video material.

Overall, enjoyed the night, but felt that Mr. Hebden was a little selfish in his performance, and could have put on a bit more of a show.

LMD64 said:
Why the hell didn't 4tet use visuals?
YES!

totally agree. giving the audience something interesting to look at wudda went a long way to easing the pain of the wanky bits. from where i was standing (balcony) it looked like a packet of peanut M&Ms playing with a drum machine. i quickly tired of that particular hallucination and cudda done with some visual distraction.

Saw him having a bit of difficulty getting through the security door at the music centre. seemed like a very likeable guy.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
I thought this was with band, no? It's sounding increasingly like i should give this a miss tonight...

no way - just get rubbered and you'll enjoy it :)

ReadySteadyJedi said:
i wish, my day's travelling to florida begins at 6am, not a drop past the lips lest i go a bit barney spacestation :eek:

what are ya doin in the retirement state young man? a few kopperbergs will give you the necessary fuel for a transatlantic crossing:p

No Sir.... You are great! :) Nudge Nudge... I certainly wouldn't have tolerated that kind of laziness had the situ been topsy-turvey'd... Rep-o-rama comin' your way.

That kid koala is a bit of a pinchy-cutie innit! Everytime he looked up with that "How fuckin' fly is this shit!" look, all the birds in my vacinity went moist! I was kinda damp myself. Did I hear a little rumour that Adem is comin?

Noid n I have decided we're bookin//kidnapping lightning bolt and melt banana for ya... We're just gonna show up, on the night, no warning, noise-makey boxes in hand... and if we're not left in...

MELT-BANANA.jpg

WHACK! // Nippon-Stylee Gugai-San

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back