Forgotten bands (2 Viewers)

Unclealo said:
Venus Envy - Hugh was in them, they were very good :)
+1 to you. that has been secretly wrecking my head for ages. I used to think they were great also.

dudley said:
i think i remember the venus envy video being deadly

luggage?
nah luggage were forgotten on purpose. altho the "i lost a stone just tryin' to phone you" lyric was quite memorable.

anyone remember a dublin band called Spudgun (i think). it was two piece. I only remember seeing them two or three times as a very young chap.

:confused:

ha ha, the guitar player from spudgun now plays guitar in daemien frost! and the bass player from spudgun made the video for 'also run' for us. i remember the battle of the bands in the fusion bar (mcgrath's on o'connell st.) and i also remember playing with venue envy in the same place when i played in the dudley corporation.

hag said:
ha ha, the guitar player from spudgun now plays guitar in daemien frost! and the bass player from spudgun made the video for 'also run' for us. i remember the battle of the bands in the fusion bar (mcgrath's on o'connell st.) and i also remember playing with venue envy in the same place when i played in the dudley corporation.
ha. I remember them playing some battle of the bands in some school near goatstown (i could be way off on this) - I think I was the only into it in the whole place (I could be way off on that aswell) :D

that goatstown reference sounds spot on. spudgun were a good fun band. kinda like pez only they thought of something new every time they played.

hag said:
that goatstown reference sounds spot on. spudgun were a good fun band. kinda like pez only they thought of something new every time they played.
sadly, I think I may have only seen them max. 5 times. I was a big fan though. The last gig i remember was in the rock garden. I don't know why but I have a vague memeory of one of them asking the sound engineer turn up the keyboard and I was like "wow, they are playing the guitar through the keyboard, amaaaazing". I'm not sure about this either.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back