for your reading pleasure (1 Viewer)

broken arm

Project Gutenberg is the Internet's oldest producer of free electronic books (eBooks or etexts). Our present collection of more than 10.000 eBooks was produced by hundreds of volunteers. Most of the Project Gutenberg eBooks are older literary works that are in the public domain in the United States. All may be freely downloaded and read, and redistributed for non-commercial use
some interesting stuff in here

http://www.gutenberg.net

Broken arm you are my new besty friend Thank you thank you thank you..I was going to have to buy some books for college that are here and you have just saved me €€€€€€€'s. Why is more of the interweb not as cool as this..

Latex lizzie said:
Nice on thanks. I guess I've saved about 200 yo-yo printing off text books here.
Erh, unless you get free printing at work or something, its still cheaper to read them on the computer/palm thingy etc, the downside being the opthalmologists bills later on... (Don't attempt the complete works of Shakespeare without medical supervision, it could cost you your sight, and then you'd have to resort to those "talking books", - Urghg; the very thought:eek: )

Now that I think of it, some of those narky folks on the internet put stuff up on protected pdf's - which you can't print, however, theres a little trick I learned earlier, and its a simple as pressing one single button: [Print Screen]. Paste into word , unfortunately, you'll need to be prepared to spend a while editing the result, somewhat tedious, but perhaps worth it.

There ye go!

Rene said:
Now that I think of it, some of those narky folks on the internet put stuff up on protected pdf's - which you can't print, however, theres a little trick I learned earlier, and its a simple as pressing one single button: [Print Screen]. Paste into word , unfortunately, you'll need to be prepared to spend a while editing the result, somewhat tedious, but perhaps worth it.

There ye go!
some protected pdf's are only protected from printing and don't have an issue with saving as a .txt file or copying and pasting the text. Although you need Acrobat as opposed to just the reader. ah well. If you come across one let me know and I can try and sort it out.

broken arm said:
some protected pdf's are only protected from printing and don't have an issue with saving as a .txt file or copying and pasting the text. Although you need Acrobat as opposed to just the reader. ah well. If you come across one let me know and I can try and sort it out.
True.
Interested parties can check .pdf file properties in File-> Document Properties-> Security. This will tell you whats allowed/prohibited etc.
Still, beats buying and lugging books around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back